Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for DSD birthday?

(8 Posts)
Evilstepmum01 Fri 19-Aug-16 13:11:34

So its DSD's birthday at the weekend. Got her nice pressies she asked for and she's with us on the day. her mum is taking her for a spa pamper day the day before then she's coming to us for the next few days.
We had intended to take her and our DS out for the day but DS has been invited to his best friends party on same day.
So we cant really do as we planned as now we have to be back by a certain time and are now stuck for ideas as to what we can do for her birthday?
Any thoughts? Shes 8. Need cheap ideas quick!! Thanks! smile

Somerville Fri 19-Aug-16 15:49:01

Can't you ask her? There may well be things she's love to do that she usually can't with a (younger?) half brother around too.

Also, does she know that her brother will be off celebrating his friends birthday rather than hers? That would upset my kids, but maybe this situation is very different.

There are so many fun and cheap activities for children. Mine love it if I go to the effort of setting up a treasure hunt for them in some woodland, or make a campfire or have a water fight with them. But from the fact that your SD is 8 and is going for a spa day with her mother, I suspect she's into rather different things than my kids... grin

wheresthel1ght Fri 19-Aug-16 15:56:07

I wouldn't be sending ds to the party and would carry on with plans that had been made tbh.

Lunar1 Fri 19-Aug-16 15:58:01

The day out was already planned, so in our house ds would miss they party. I wouldn't change plans under these circumstances.

MrsGsnow18 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:03:12

I was thinking along similar lines to other responses.
If I had already an idea and a plan set I wouldnmg have agreed to party for DS's friend. Maybe though DSD would rather he was out of picture so the whole day is hers though?
How about a shopping trip? Or a cinema/lunch combo?
You could ask her and then do a combo of things that she would like to do.

Evilstepmum01 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:35:58

I was thinking that we'd have to cancel but DS is the only kid invited as they are best friends. I accepted invitation as I thought the party was on saturday not sunday! My mistake
I'll ask DSD tonight. Think I will need to cancel wee boys party-feel dreadful tho! sad

Lunar1 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:55:16

They may rearrange if it's just the two of them.

wheresthel1ght Fri 19-Aug-16 17:44:00

If it is just the 2 boys could you not speak to the other mum and explain the situation and ask if she could have your DS for longer or if she would consider a different venue/event that all 3 kids could go to and combine it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now