Talk

Advanced search

To use a parent and child parking space

(7 Posts)
Marymaymay Mon 30-May-16 20:49:52

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and huge (size 10 everywhere else but a larger than average bump) with hips which are gradually displacing, almost constant braxton hicks and generally exhausted and a bit pathetic.

What would you think if you saw me use a parent and child's space at the supermarket?

seeyounearertime Mon 30-May-16 20:51:47

I'd think you were a soon to be parent with child, then go about my day.

If they make your life easier, then go for it, you have more right to them than the lazy shits with no kids that i passively aggressively stare at as they return to their cars...

AgentPineapple Mon 30-May-16 21:04:19

Definitely wouldn't have an issue with a pregnant lady using those spaces xx

littlemonkey5 Mon 30-May-16 21:04:26

technically ynbu to use disabled in theory..... you're hardly able to open the door wide enough to get out of a regular slot are you? I do think that past 30wks, a yellow badge should be issued to allow to use wider spaces until the baby arrives, then p&c spaces by default.

It isn't always about parking close to the shops, it's about being able to park, then get out of your car!

PurpleDaisies Mon 30-May-16 21:07:21

Isn't this a duplicate thread?

littlemonkey p and c spaces are NOT the same as disabled spaces. The op would be totally out of order to park in a disabled space without a blue badge.

littlemonkey5 Wed 01-Jun-16 17:10:09

That's why I said in theory and why I think there should be different coloured badges which could be issued for temporary reasons such as pregnancy, broken bones (passengers I hope) and other mobility issues which require the driver or passengers to open their door wider than a standard issue space who do not qualify for a blue badge. Technically I should have a blue badge but I don't "qualify" as I am not disabled enough!! I still have to open my door wider than I used to because of my injury. I can't park in a disabled bay as I have no blue badge so I park in the middle of nowhere - come back to 2 cars parked either side of me and it takes me ages to get into the car + a lot of pain to do it.......

What I hate (and I have seen it far too many times) is when a blue badge holder has parked in a P&C space and there have been plenty of disabled slots, just because it was the first widest space they came across.......

AgentPineapple Thu 02-Jun-16 19:48:32

OR you could be majorly rude and park in the middle of two spaces thus ensuring space to open your doors. Doesn't matter which one OP chooses, P&C/disabled/two spaces someone will always have something to say but personally if it were me (and it has been) I would just ignore everyone and park where I needed to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now