Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Balancing my own child and step-child

(7 Posts)
RoniRoo2 Wed 11-May-16 03:22:30

My fiancé gets pissed off because I cuddle with my daughter and do more than I do with his son. I have tried to invite him but he never wants to. His son never wants to listen to me and barely talks to me anyway. So my fiancé says I'm mean to him and I'm babying my daughter. But I don't think it's right to push aside what my daughter wants to do just because of his son. I feel like I'm neglecting her when I do.
What do I do?

CantWaitForWarmWeather Wed 11-May-16 06:21:44

Good lord. Why do some parents do this?? I think he's being very precious. You shouldn't have to cuddle his child just because you cuddle your daughter.
According to him you're only allowed to show your own child love and affection and enjoy some time together having cuddles, if you do the exact same with his son? Ooookkkk.

How about he cuddles his child instead.

eyebrowsonfleek Wed 11-May-16 12:06:53

How old are the children?

has your fiance considered the fact that some children don't like hugs and would be resentful of being forced to hug another person?

secretgirl Wed 11-May-16 16:00:22

Does his son not have his own mother to cuddle him or does he live with you permantenly? Ridiculous.

FuzzyOwl Wed 11-May-16 16:02:10

And you plan to marry this man?

Bananasinpyjamas1 Wed 11-May-16 20:05:42

That's petty and ridiculous of him. He needs to back off and you are right to protect your daughter.

Each of you have a responsibility to parent your own child, and if there is harmony between you then that is great. The poor son probably just wants his own father to cuddle him!

Wdigin2this Wed 11-May-16 22:56:47

Right...get rid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now