Talk

Advanced search

lovely week but glad to have my home back

(3 Posts)
wheresthel1ght Sun 03-Apr-16 20:28:38

I love my dscs to bits. They have mostly been great this week. Few normal kid/nearly teen strops but overall a very nice week. They have engaged, eaten everything put in front of them inc new stuff, been out and done stuff everyday without whinging, haven't been near a pic/tablet/gaming machine all week. It has been an absolute pleasure to spend time with them.

However, as wonderful as they have been, I am sooooooo glad to have my house back! Dd goes to bed at 7 and I am so used to having the evening to myself (dp works nights) I am not used to having people about and wanting my attention til 930. I am normally in bed by 830!

mrjobson67 Tue 05-Apr-16 11:29:11

Sounds nice...

I'm going through a testing time at the moment where my 26 yo SS has moved back in with us, the house dynamic feels different, disrupted. So I know how you feel to some extent.

wheresthel1ght Tue 05-Apr-16 11:49:34

I think that's exactly it, the dynamic is so different when they are here. Not in a bad way it's just different. I am very much a creature of habit at home and it always feels odd having extra people who aren't used to our routine.

The kids are brilliant and they fall into the routine really easily. They are lovely kids and have grown up a lot recently so are much more willing to help out when nagged asked.

I think if they lived with us permanently or it was a regular 50/50 arrangement we would probably all benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now