Advanced search

Advice needed

(8 Posts)
cake83 Wed 09-Mar-16 20:48:58


We have a blended family, a set of twins each actually. Mines with us full time age 14 and my partners until 6 weeks ago every weekend and during holidays they are 5.

My partners ex wife decided to move a 2 hour drive away 6 weeks ago to be with her new partner no real notice given of this just uprooted the kids from school and family and moved away.

We have gone along with everything dealing with the 4 hour round trip twice a week so the routine for the kids never changed.

Ex has now decided that we can only have the kids every second weekend and has them calling her new partner daddy.

The kids are very confused and we don't want to upset them further. We have been together 4 years and this has been out routine the whole time.

We are at a loss with what we can do, it's upsetting for all of us, we have always given ex what she wanted in terms of her chopping and changing plans but this just now seems like she is trying to push their daddy away and replace him.

We need advice, nobody wants ex not to be happy....however this is partner number 10 engagement 2 and she is pregnant also all in 4 years and the kids don't know if they are coming or going.

Wdigin2this Wed 09-Mar-16 21:59:54

Oh god, what a nightmare! I don't really know anything about the law here, but have you got a court order that ensures your DP gets to have his DC visit every week? I'm sure some other posters will be along soon, who can be more helpful....but I really feel for you all!

MeridianB Thu 10-Mar-16 08:25:55

OP, that's terrible.

Like Widgin, I have not legal experience but it sounds like that route might be the only way.

The fact that he has made all the effort to keep up the same contact is nothing but a good thing.

Can his ex's family be of any help?

cake83 Thu 10-Mar-16 08:43:37

Her family are happy she's moved as they no longer have to take the kids at the drop of a hat for her.

Lala1980 Fri 11-Mar-16 00:19:15

DP's ex did similar. Contact was fine as long as it suited her. Get something down in writing legally if you want to be sure where you stand. My heart goes out to you. Hugs.

EllieJayJay Fri 11-Mar-16 01:27:22

Can she do this legally?

EllieJayJay Fri 11-Mar-16 01:30:03

What did the original court order state? Typically a court order that gives parental rights won't allow this

anklebitersmum Fri 11-Mar-16 02:43:24

Why on earth didn't the school notify you that the children were being moved? I mean, obviously ex should have consulted with you before she put any wheels in motion (especially if there is a previous court order in place) but the school would have known in advance too.

I would suggest that you will need to seek legal help with this issue, and sooner rather than later would be my advice. Ad-hoc moving, a significant (and unjustified if you're happy to keep travelling) reduction in contact and the trail of new daddies would ring alarm bells with most family law firms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now