Talk

Advanced search

Weddding advice

(9 Posts)
fiveplustwo Mon 07-Mar-16 18:31:40

I am a BM of 5 and SM of 2...all grown. My children and their step siblings have no mutual interests and don't associate, unless forced on certain holidays. Still a discomfort level in the air at this age, after 13 yrs. Should I invite them to my son's wedding? and if so, how should they be seated?

Muskateersmummy Mon 07-Mar-16 18:38:38

I would suggest this is your son and his brides decision. It would be dependant for me on whether they are having a big do or a small intimate thing. But ultimately it's there day, so surely they choose the guests?

fiveplustwo Mon 07-Mar-16 18:49:42

I made the mistake of inviting my DSD to a prior wedding of my DD against my DD's better judgement. Didn't seat DSD & her BF up front at head tables because of logisitics. My DSD was only one to not bring a gift for bride & groom, although she & her BF ate Filet Mignon. She felt "not included" as part of family....So now I truly feel sickened about the whole ordeal. WWYD??

Gazelda Mon 07-Mar-16 18:56:24

WWID? I'd listen to Muskateersmummy and leave it to the bride and groom to decide on the invite list and seating arrangements.

fiveplustwo Mon 07-Mar-16 18:59:27

THANK YOU Muskateersmummy & Gazelda for your advice!!!

lunar1 Mon 07-Mar-16 19:05:16

Let the adults decide to invite who they want to their wedding. This stress isn't yours to have to solve!

Wdigin2this Mon 07-Mar-16 22:24:03

Life with adult DSC is enough of a minefield, I would say, let your son and his bride decide who comes to their wedding! However if you and your DH are contributing considerably to the cost, perhaps your son would consider inviting them to the evening party. If they're paying for it themselves.....it's out of your hands!

fiveplustwo Tue 08-Mar-16 16:27:12

Thank You lunar1 & Wdigin2this!! I appreciate the advice!!

Bluelilies Tue 08-Mar-16 16:51:47

If they're paying it's their shout. If you and DP are paying, then I would see what he thinks. It's his children you're talking about so good if you and/or your DS can come to a decision he's OK with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now