Teen counsellor/psychologist advice please!

(3 Posts)
GemTay80 Tue 05-Jan-16 06:35:25

Hi all,
My step daughter is having a really tough time at the moment. She is 14, has been experiencing some bullying and continues to self harm (this has been going on for a long time). Her elder sister, 16yrs, moved out in the summer to live with a boyfriend, it was all very stressful and I fear took far too much attention away from her when perhaps she needed it.
Anyway she lives in Nott/Derby and I was wondering if anyone knows of any private counselling or psychological services we could contact. The public services have started to kick in but I can't help think more the better?
Thanks, my own sons are babies so I am a bit lost with teen services!

Fourormore Tue 05-Jan-16 10:36:04

Base51 in Nottingham offers teen counselling service. Highly recommended and also free, which always helps.

Peach1886 Tue 05-Jan-16 10:38:41

Have a look at the website for the British Assoc of Counselling and Psychotherapy - it is searchable by topic and area, and as far as I know only includes people who are properly qualified and experienced.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now