Talk

Advanced search

I feel like a made a big achievement today!

(15 Posts)
3CheekyLittleMonkeys Wed 26-Aug-15 14:02:47

In previous threads I have spoken about how I struggle to take the children anywhere on my own due to my anxiety issues. Well today I made (IMO) huge progress. I took all 4 of them to the park on my own smile It's a big park as well. To many people they might think yeah big deal, but I feel like I made a big achievement today! Maybe this is the wrong board to share this with, but I suppose it's appropriate here as well in that people here know I have been struggling, and also dsd has had a great time and I have actually done something with her without DP. smile
Sorry, I just feel really happy!

caravanista13 Wed 26-Aug-15 14:09:38

Well done! Always good to hear positive news.

Buttercup27 Wed 26-Aug-15 14:13:23

Well done !! That was brave. I only take my 2 to a small park with a big fence and gate around the outside so they can't escape (eldest is a runner) on my own.

LetTheChipsFall Wed 26-Aug-15 15:09:56

I feel it's a big achievement with my one toddler grin!!! I know you have three boys and a dsd so you should be very proud smile it's onwards and upwards for you smile

3CheekyLittleMonkeys Wed 26-Aug-15 15:48:55

I hope so chips smile

Matilda2013 Wed 26-Aug-15 18:14:21

Happy to hear this smile

StanSmithsChin Thu 27-Aug-15 08:02:49

That's great cheeky. Anxiety can be crippling and 4 DC in the park is no easy ride.

bessarabiantiger Sat 29-Aug-15 13:55:39

That's awesome!

Shockers Sat 29-Aug-15 13:56:58

Ace! Hope you all had fun smile.

BlueBlueSea Sat 29-Aug-15 19:48:44

Well done. It is good that the kids enjoyed themselves. If you can keep this up, then that should relieve some of the stress at home. x

Wdigin2this Sun 30-Aug-15 02:33:12

Good for you, I hope this is the start of a new era for you! flowers

GasLIghtShining Tue 01-Sep-15 17:08:07

I haven't read your other threads but this is obviously a big step forward for you so a big well done Chips.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 05-Sep-15 18:46:54

Ditto everyone else's comments smile You are doing brilliant with everything - life is so much harder when you feel overwhelmed at times & it's a huge achievement to get out & have a great time with 4 DC. I still get flash backs to my DD's 10th birthday sleepover with 4 friends confused shockgrin I swore never again! That was one night!

smile

3CheekyLittleMonkeys Sat 05-Sep-15 19:21:45

Thanks Tension smile
I agree life can be overwhelming and its so so hard having 3 little ones under 5!

Oh my god I bet that was hard work. I feel sorry for my dad looking back on when I was a tween/early teen, and I had 3 friends stay over almost every weekend! I don't know how he coped grinshock I can't see me allowing the same thing for my kids, but then again I might have mellowed a bit by then!

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sat 05-Sep-15 21:33:52

I'm still so traumatised I can even contemplate mellowing for when she hits her teens grin Ironically she's at one of the friends tonight for a sleepover for her friends birthday - her mum is far more clued up & is entertaining only 2 guests. And she's told me a pick uptime so she's knows when it's over - my mistake was to tell people 'pick them up when you are ready'! I hadnt factored in the fact they were still up at 4am, sleep deprived & grumpy the next day & I had to deal with 4 times the usual number of tantrums I'm used to.

Seriously though, well done for getting the strength to overcome the barriers that often seem insurmountable when anxiety gets the better of you. You've done brilliant to get to where you are & that's because your are a strong, capable & caring mum & step mum. flowersstar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now