Talk

Advanced search

FB one

(10 Posts)
EatSleepRepeat Mon 10-Aug-15 00:27:12

My dss just shared an album his mum made, it's all of them and her very new dp and his kids. So i'm assuming after 8 years together and most of them married I'm now allowed to post my dsc's pics?

Wdigin2this Mon 10-Aug-15 09:32:48

Don't see why not, has she forbidden it in the past?

Melonfool Mon 10-Aug-15 10:53:05

If it's been an issue before why do it now, seems like you just want to wind her up.

dss presumably a teenager so ask him if he's OK with you sharing pics anyway, my 14yo dss says "no posting, no tagging, no sharing" every time the camera comes out.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 10-Aug-15 10:55:32

Is it because you really want to, or because your are peed off with the fact that the DP is so new?

I don't understand.

CocaKoala Mon 10-Aug-15 12:14:32

Has she said she didn't want you to previously? What is your DP's stance on putting pics up?

I have pics of my DSC up (which I have bypassed their dad) but they're pics of them and their siblings - which are my dc. I don't have any solo ones of them up. But I don't see anything wrong with putting pics up if you've been on a family day out or it's a sibling one.

If she's put pics up of the children with her 'new' partner - I don't see a problem with you doing the same - especially if you've been in their lives for 8 years! You're part of the furniture smile

JeSuisMois Mon 10-Aug-15 12:35:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Neverenuff Mon 10-Aug-15 18:50:39

I post photos of my dsc. my dp has no issue neither do the kids. Don't really give a rat's arse about mums view on it if my dp and kids are ok with it.

Weathergames Tue 11-Aug-15 14:33:28

I'm friends with OH EW on FB (he doesn't do FB). I post pictures and tag her in them and she likes them.

The EW is being UR if saying you can't but she can of her DSCS.... But really you need to be the bigger person here and continue as before until agreed otherwise.

yellowdaisies Tue 11-Aug-15 17:04:14

I'd put them up but not tag the DSC if you think it might irk their DM. If you're friends with your DSC they'll be able to see the photos, but unless they tag themselves their DM won't (assuming you've got your privacy settings to 'friends only' and aren't friends with their DM)

K888 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:12:44

I took each of my DSDs away and did a little 'photo album' of their holiday with me just for them - a way of marking some memories without being 'public' or 'political' - would you consider that instead?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now