Talk

Advanced search

Step parenting a lesbians tale

(4 Posts)
L0oking4answers Wed 05-Aug-15 22:25:51

My girlfriend was married for a year before she had a child with her wife, they used IUI and had a lovely little girl. After another year my partner decided that it wasn't working out, the mother wasn't really who she said she was and it was a terrible relationship.
So she left.
We then got together.
The ex is bitter, jealous and the most awful person you could meet. It has now been 3 years since my OH has left and the day to day torment from the ex, the use of the little girl as a weapon still carries on. My GF sees the little girl every week on set days and pays maintenance. Any one else in this sort of position and can i get some advice as to if this gets easier? I have other stories to tell to back up my claims i just need to know some one is out there who is unbiased and can listen and help.

Thanks in Advance

MsColouring Wed 05-Aug-15 23:29:13

So the child is resident with her dad?

HirplesWithHaggis Wed 05-Aug-15 23:38:38

The way I read it, dad was a sperm donor, and the dd lives with her biological mother, with OP's DP having regular access and paying maintenance. But the ex is being difficult, to put it mildly.

I think the fact you're lesbians makes no difference, this is just an ex being a bit of a bitch. It might get better, esp if the ex takes up with a new dp, but it might never improve. There's no real way to predict.

On the positive side, at least you do get regular contact. Is this something she often threatens to withdraw? Is any legal agreement in place?

Melonfool Thu 06-Aug-15 16:48:20

They must surely have been in a civil partnership rather than married - has this been dissolved and was there a financial and contact agreement?

Sometimes people are just unpleasant, they're unlikely to change. It could even get worse. But it may well be that things improve when they are more settled and routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now