Talk

Advanced search

Any SM have their own younger dc

(9 Posts)
EatSleepRepeat Tue 04-Aug-15 14:52:39

....and find their behaviour goes out the window after contact? It so draining getting my toddler back on track after contact. Not sure if it's he's missing them or copying their boisterous behaviour (one is 6 years older than ds and the other is 12 years older than ds) they fight and name call all the time! Dad. Dad is a bit Disney and and gets defensive if I pull them up and when he does they are at it again not long after.

My dsil says they behave like this at hers when she has them and it drains her too.

Not sure what I can do but start again with rewarding the good and naughty step the bad for ds. sad

3CheekyLittleMonkeys Tue 04-Aug-15 15:07:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatSleepRepeat Tue 04-Aug-15 15:09:08

Ds being a toddler is a handful anyway, and I'd agree, it's from when they arrive but it continues. I probably notice it more after they have gone as it's just me and him again.

CocaKoala Tue 04-Aug-15 15:26:39

Could it be from excitement from seeing their siblings? Mine can misbehave too and it takes a winding down period after they've gone to try and get them back in to the normal routine when DSC are not here (not that we do anything different) but they have to adjust.

3CheekyLittleMonkeys Tue 04-Aug-15 15:29:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatSleepRepeat Tue 04-Aug-15 15:30:59

Yes it could, but he's started smacking me and telling me to shut up (this is classic of the other two to each other). This is more after they've gone, not while they are here and I'm just wondering if it's more copying. Not sure how to approach DH with it without him seeing it a dig.

wheresthelight Tue 04-Aug-15 17:34:58

My dd is 2 next week and comes a nightmare during and after contact. It's mostly overexcitment and missing having the extra company though.

Probably fairly obvious but do you keep his routine the same when they are with you?

slkk Tue 04-Aug-15 19:23:32

We've had to be really strict about language with teenage dsc as ds just copies ( he has Sen too so doesn't understand how things can be more inappropriate in certain circumstances). So we have no shut up, weirdo, get out etc. It's actually great to have an excuse to be strict about talking nicely!

Maybe83 Tue 04-Aug-15 19:46:59

My 2 year is worse when my dd is home or my ss. She gets so excited and wants their attention all the time. Hard with a 13 year old hormonal girl and a quite 18 year old boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now