Advanced search

Can I ask

(8 Posts)
FluffyBumOnTheRun Sat 04-Jul-15 16:55:26

My DH wants to up what he pays in maintenance. His ex has told him not to as this means she has to change paperwork. Is this right? He's worried she may loose other benefits if he ups what he pays

PeruvianFoodLover Sat 04-Jul-15 17:05:28

Is she in the uk? I didn't have to declare maintenance for jobseekers, tax credits or CB purposes, so it shouldn't affect those benefits.

FluffyBumOnTheRun Sat 04-Jul-15 17:09:14

Yes, UK. All he was told is that she will have to fill out a form so she doesn't want him to pay more. He wants to pay as much as he can but he doesn't wasn't to risk her housing benefit or tax credit

penny13610 Sat 04-Jul-15 17:13:55

He can also do payment in kind.
Pay for school uniforms, school trips, shoes, holidays that she takes the kids on etc.
However, Peruvian is right, for UK benefits maintenance is not declarable.

FluffyBumOnTheRun Sat 04-Jul-15 17:16:04

He dose that anyway, he gets clothes, go's halves on school school trips. That's all done in cash

FluffyBumOnTheRun Sat 04-Jul-15 17:16:55

And halves on school uniform and shoes

penny13610 Sat 04-Jul-15 17:20:20

Or just put it in a saving account for the kids.

FluffyBumOnTheRun Sat 04-Jul-15 17:22:03

I think he will just up it if there's no reason not to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now