Talk

Advanced search

Professional help needed to settle toddler with step parent

(5 Posts)
gabrielle2016 Tue 23-Jun-15 12:19:19

Please can anyone help. I am looking for a professional to help settle my three your old daughter with her new Step Father who is trying very hard to build a loving relationship with her and often getting rebuffed. Also to advice the adults in the situation Mother, biological Father and Step Father how best to deal with he situation and provide loving unified upbringing for her.

yellowdaisies Tue 23-Jun-15 12:26:53

Would your health visitor be a good person to ask? They ought to be able to suggest any local services or agencies who could help you.

Bellemere Tue 23-Jun-15 13:19:37

Have a look at books by Patricia Papernow.

swingofthings Tue 23-Jun-15 16:28:43

You need to provide more detail. How long have you been with your new partner? How long since you separated? When did he move in with you? What do you mean by needing help settling? It can take some time at this age to settle with new people.

sonnyson12 Tue 23-Jun-15 19:45:04

Agree with Swing that you would need to provide more details.

From what you have posted, what may be causing your 3 year old daughter to feel unsettled is that your husband is trying to 'force' a loving relationship on her.

I know the use of 'biological mother' is discouraged on here, I think it should apply to 'biological father' too. Again, from the little information you have provided, it may be that you and your husband are trying to hard to put him into some kind of father role, he isn't, your daughter has a father and that could be what is unsettling her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now