Talk

Advanced search

Stepson And My Kids Do Not Get On

(6 Posts)
DaddyDavid Mon 19-Jan-15 17:07:05

Stepson and ds2 can never get on. They constantly row. Both do and say nasty things but I would say that dss is a lot worse. I just can't stand it. I come home from work everyday to a to a row or hostility I've had enough. I don't know what to do I can't punish dss he won't be punished and is extremely difficult. Any advice

DaddyDavid Mon 19-Jan-15 17:18:26

Forgot to add they are both 15

FlossyMoo Mon 19-Jan-15 17:33:21

You cannot parent both children without support. I assume by your NN you are step father/father? What is your DP/DW take on both boys behaviour?

As far an not being able to punish it does get more difficult the older they get to inforce the go to your room/grounded stuff but there are other ways to show you will not accept bad behaviour from both boys.

You need to talk to your partner first and find a way to handle both of your sons.

When mine are unruly I do find the following works.
Removal of computers/phones.
Change the wifi password so they cannot access internet. < This works very well if they refuse to give up their phones/tablets.
With hold pocket money.

These boys need to respect the house rules/boundaries and this is hard to in force if the other parent is not on board.

DaddyDavid Mon 19-Jan-15 18:15:52

Ds still manages to get money without pocket money. If I take away a phone or whatever all hell breaks loose.

FlossyMoo Mon 19-Jan-15 18:22:45

How is he getting on the the support for his eating disorder and drinking OP? Could you not seek advice from his support worker? It maybe something they can help with.

Also does he just fight with your 15 yo DS or does he fight with your 16 yo DS also?

It is a very busy house hold OP as you have 2 adults 3 teen boys and 1 yo twins I can only imagine how stretched you and your wife are so seeking support from the health professionals involved with your DSS maybe the best way to go forward.

You do need your wifes support on this.

DaddyDavid Mon 19-Jan-15 18:40:47

He has improved slightly with the eating disorder but denies drinking. He does not clash as much with my 16 year old but still argues more so with my 15 year old. They are in the same school and some same classes

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: