Talk

Advanced search

Weekend away

(6 Posts)
TheJingleMumsRush Sun 11-Jan-15 11:19:31

For me and DH and our toddler. It's a long weekend during term time, and not on a contact weekend. Mum goes away with her dp when we have the kids so why do I feel bad? We've never been away without them before, even if that meant them bunking school (not my suggestion) sad

yellowdaisies Sun 11-Jan-15 11:50:54

Don't feel bad, enjoy your weekend!

And maybe use it as an opportunity to do something DSC wouldn't enjoy, so your DP (and you) aren't going to be inclined to wish they were with you

TheJingleMumsRush Sun 11-Jan-15 12:10:09

It will be easier to do something with dS as when the dsc are with up the age gaps are 6 years apart with all three of them so it hard to do something they all like

TheJingleMumsRush Sun 11-Jan-15 12:40:25

It will be easier to do something with dS as when the dsc are with up the age gaps are 6 years apart with all three of them so it hard to do something they all like

BigPigLittlePig Sun 11-Jan-15 14:53:20

See dh used to feel bad about doing anything just the 3 of us, and minus dsd. But we are just as valid a family unit without her here, and it is important to enjoy the time as the smaller unit, rather than put life on hold.

Enjoy the special time with your LO, and probably some nice evening time with dp!

scotchmincepie Mon 12-Jan-15 14:52:49

FAmilies of all shapes and sizes travel independently - so you might not take all of the children on every trip. Eldest stepchild frequently ducked out of trips just because of the age difference - we wouldn't have been doing things he would have enjoyed. Sometimes went away with him on his own. It probably all works out in the end. Enjoy it and plan something with the whole family later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now