Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance for stepchild

(6 Posts)
VadaSultanfuss Sun 04-Jan-15 23:35:25

Does anybody know where we can get good single trip travel insurance for a 14 year old stepson? DH and I and our kids are covered by our current account travel insurance but DSS is not as he isn't living in our household.

Also, does DSSs mum need to arrange the insurance or can we do it? I hope we can do it!

ProseccoPrincess10 Mon 05-Jan-15 00:32:11

I didn't know that, we have been away with DSC and thought because it said it covered our children we were covered under our family policy. Oops

Just found this online... www.gocompare.com/travel-insurance/extended-family/

It says that if you speak to the insurer they will often let you add step children on for an additional fee. Probably best to just ring round a few insurers rather than looking online, a broker would probably be best.

I know from a couple of years ago I looked in to getting an insurance policy to just cover my DS, as I was insured through my bank, it turned out I couldn't get a policy just for him, I had to be on it too.

heidiwine Mon 05-Jan-15 06:47:28

In the past I have used fogg insure to do this. They were good.

yellowdaisies Mon 05-Jan-15 10:36:24

Our policy includes any children of either of us, so my DSC are included even though their main address is with their mum. My DH gets that one through his bank who do an annual worldwide policy.

I think you can get insurance just for a child though - at the Post Office.

VadaSultanfuss Wed 07-Jan-15 22:03:11

Thanks all!

Storm15 Thu 15-Jan-15 07:08:03

Our policies have always included my SC. DH technically has an SRO but Mum claims CB so I guess her address is officially that for SC. We've had policies with Marks and Spencer (I made successful claim on that including my SC when one of our kids was too ill to travel - they didn't even ask about SC's main address) and now we're with American Express who also cover step children in their family policy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: