Talk

Advanced search

Struggling a bit

(47 Posts)
TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 12:43:22

Normally I don't let things bother me but maybe because we've had the dsc more i'm finding it difficult. Dsd level of shadowing dh, clinging onto him and asking where he is normally just goes over my head, but it's getting to me today. It's constant from the moment she arrives, every contact for the last 5 years

wheresthelight Sat 03-Jan-15 15:30:00

Sending hugs!! I have no advice as dss does it too but I can sympathise with how irritating it is x

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 15:33:27

Thanks. It gets to him sometimes too, especially when she hangs from his neck or jumps on him, she's too big for that now. Anyway, I'm keeping busy and keeping shtoom about it x

Weathergames Sat 03-Jan-15 16:36:09

How old is she?

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 16:40:44

She's eight but same size as 10-11

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 16:47:05

Anyway, DH took them out today, it's important I think that they get alone time with him. So all will be good again when they get back. Nice dinner, and maybe a film smile feeling better already

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:21:44

Thought I'd feel better but just feel really irritated today. The constant shadowing/draping of Dh, the non stop eating, the table manners (or lack of), the mumbling and fingers in mouth all the time (even when eating). I feel terrible but can't help it. sad

I'm not alway like this

FeelTheNoise Sat 03-Jan-15 18:23:58

It gets harder the older (and bigger!) they get. DSD also flings herself at DP a lot, and he has only recently admitted it is only when I am about. He obviously can't reject her, but it is getting more odd and more difficult confused

FeelTheNoise Sat 03-Jan-15 18:24:41

There's a thread on this topic about a 21 year old doing this, and that's how I see my future. Gtg, DP is back x

FourthMary Sat 03-Jan-15 18:27:41

Don't feel terrible, we all feel like this sometimes. One of my dsd's does this sometimes too, we thought it may be an insecurity issue so have both been working on giving her attention, it seems to help.

I do spend the odd hour upstairs reading mnetting to have a little time out. It helps me.

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:28:01

Thanks feel, I hope it's not like that when DSD is that old! shock

NickiFury Sat 03-Jan-15 18:29:59

What on earth does her size have to do with anything? confused

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:33:04

I never get between them, let her carry on with it. DH has sometimes told her to stop and she can hurt him. I let them have one on one time, no major PDA when kids are here. She's always done it, and has only ever known me with dh. It's not just the clingyness it's all the other stuff too,

PerpendicularVincenzo Sat 03-Jan-15 18:34:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:34:23

The fact that she can hurt him Nick, she jumps behind him and clings round his neck,

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:36:38

It's good, it's normally all ok, I'm just having a low day, I've been in her life since she was two, she has lots of time with dad and I also do lots for her. She tells me she loves me and I do the same.

ArsenicFaceCream Sat 03-Jan-15 18:37:50

Isn't there quite a complex history?

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:38:57

Not really, all ok with all involved.

NickiFury Sat 03-Jan-15 18:39:04

Well you're both going to have to work on her feeling less insecure aren't you? She's 8, whatever her size. My 8 year old is highly anxious and clingy, it's not uncommon at that age.

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:41:12

Anyway, I posted here to let it out, I'd rather that than dsd pick up on anything. Off to go play Lego with her now

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:41:38

Is she 8 Nick? I didn't know

NickiFury Sat 03-Jan-15 18:42:29

Well I wondered because you seem a bit clueless in that you're moaning about perfectly normal behaviour.

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:43:55

I don't think she's insecure, I know her very well and think that's just how she is,

TheJingleMumsRush Sat 03-Jan-15 18:44:33

I know I am, I haven asked how to changer her, like I said, rather moan here than at her

ArsenicFaceCream Sat 03-Jan-15 18:46:48

I thought I remembered a worrying thread of yours from the Autumn? That then vanished.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now