Talk

Advanced search

So drained by stepchild visit

(7 Posts)
redredholly Wed 31-Dec-14 16:10:43

I am so, so exhausted after my stepchild has visited. I am run down and ill, and need extra sleep. Does anyone else get this? We have a fine relationship, and always a good time, and my DH pulls his weight, but it's just very draining. Does anyone else have this and / or any tips?

hoobygalooby Wed 31-Dec-14 22:52:46

I still find the visits draining after 5 years. DSD is exhausting she has to be centre of attention at all times and DSS is lovely but possibly the messiest child on the planet.
I thank God they only come every other weekend as I need the weekend in between to recover!!!

impatienceisavirtue Wed 31-Dec-14 23:01:24

Yep. Totally the same here.

alwaystryingtobeafriend Thu 01-Jan-15 00:47:04

winewine hear hear!!

Happy New year !!

Petal02 Thu 01-Jan-15 17:21:42

Yes, I agree it's draining. Just having someone you're not related to in the house, often for days at a time, can be exhausting because you never quite relax. For DH, having his son around was the most natural thing in the world, but to me it often felt intrusive.

FaithLoveandGrace Thu 01-Jan-15 22:35:03

I get super drained and often wonder if it'd be the same with biological children. I love spending time with DSS and miss him when he's not here, buts it's exhausting.

lemonsandleeks Mon 05-Jan-15 09:25:59

Yes, I can never sleep when they're here and I get constipated because I can't go to the loo when they're around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now