Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just step back?

(12 Posts)
HesNotAMessiah Sun 21-Dec-14 23:16:04

dinner with DP over early for a change, sit Down to watch film on tv, DSC arrive half way through (because it's easier for DP's ex) so pause film.

After end of film asked DP how she thought we went from the two of us sitting in the sofa in front of the tv to her sitting (what had been) my side of the sofa and DSD 15 sprawled over the rest of the sofa while I end up sitting across the room by myself.

Apparently I got up at some point. And it's all my fault for drinking too much wine.

If only....

So as usual I'm on duty for dinner tomorrow. Should I just forget because I drank too much wine?

Honestly not the best way to start the hoidays with the battles about doing anything around the house should they either a) be fought because dsc are on holiday or b) ignored to keep the pretend family peace/ give me something to do.

????

Whereisegg Sun 21-Dec-14 23:48:16

Eh?
You clearly did get up to have ended up on a different chair, and when you did get up it's not ok for your partner and child to move slightly?

Your dsc arrived during you watching a film as it's easier for the rp?
So you let the rp know you were watching a film and they arrive halfway through on purpose?
A film that you are able to pause so presumably can watch at anytime?

Is there a backstory here?!

pictish Sun 21-Dec-14 23:52:53

I think you're using a bad example to illustrate what you mean.

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 21-Dec-14 23:56:09

So are you saying you didnt get up? confused

WhyYouGottaBeSoRude Sun 21-Dec-14 23:57:54

And it sounds as if you were looking to antagonise by asking how DSD and partner ended up on 'your' seat.

YesIDidMeanToBeSoRudeActually Sun 21-Dec-14 23:59:50

I suspect you may indeed have drunk too much wine!

feelingunsupported Mon 22-Dec-14 00:03:21

Yes - step back. And drink less. How the fuck do you get so drunk during a film that you can't recall moving seats??

noseyfrog Mon 22-Dec-14 05:40:31

To those who don't understand it seems such a harmless thing for your dsc to have jumped in your spot but to anyone who does understand how these small things can mount up it is clear why you'd be cross.
When I was a child and my mum and dad were together had my dad got up from next to mum for a minute and I'd plonked in his space, sprawling across most of the sofa would he have quietly gone and sat on the other side of the room..? No! I would have been told "dad's sitting there". It's just manners or common courtesy or whatever and your dp should be teaching that to her child.

Whereisegg Mon 22-Dec-14 07:14:34

It was the dp that ended up in op's space

Mehitabel6 Mon 22-Dec-14 07:23:09

Why not just say 'excuse me, I was sitting there'?

purpleroses Mon 22-Dec-14 09:53:56

If she does it again, when you come back in the room say "oi you, I was sitting there, back to your own seat!"

But you'll need to notice at the time, not just realise the next day that you forgot to claim your own seat back confused

MinnieM1 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:57:42

What a strange thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now