Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit bad over calendar

(14 Posts)
TheMumsRush Wed 03-Dec-14 16:12:14

This is the first year I haven't got them one. We see them EOW and when they get here it's the first thing they use to do, eat 12 chocolates. And they have them at home too. Ds has one this year (it was a gift) and I don't want to watch him watching them having a load of chocolate. They are at an age where they'd understand but I still feel a bit mean.

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Wed 03-Dec-14 16:13:46

It's a bit mean to have your DS eating chocolate out of an advent calendar and them having none shock

TheMumsRush Wed 03-Dec-14 16:14:55

Just had a fab idea! Next year I'll get a wooden one with draws, the weekend the kids are here I'll put extra treats in grin

FrauHelgaMissMarpleandaChuckle Wed 03-Dec-14 16:15:43

That's a fantastic solution grin

BigPigLittlePig Wed 03-Dec-14 16:16:17

You need to invest in a reusable calender. We picked ours up this time last yr half price - then you can give them chocolates for the days they are there (or indeed every day if you feel so inclined!)

TheMumsRush Wed 03-Dec-14 16:16:17

It's also a bit mean them having 12 and him having 1

VanitasVanitatum Wed 03-Dec-14 16:16:31

I would get them some. Just give ds an extra little mini chocolate bar or something. It's kind of a given that divorced parents means two of things!

BigPigLittlePig Wed 03-Dec-14 16:16:34

X-post grin

TheMumsRush Wed 03-Dec-14 16:17:03

It was like a bolt of lightning gringrinnot a bulb above my head haha!

TheMumsRush Wed 03-Dec-14 16:18:02

*or a bulb

NerdyBird Sun 07-Dec-14 09:56:59

But surely he's having one every day, and they're having them all at once? So he's not missing out it's just spread out differently. The reusable one for next year is a good idea though.

TheMumsRush Sun 07-Dec-14 10:45:21

They are fine with it, they told me they have 3 each at home. Will definitely be doing a reusable one, don't think I'll be putting chocolate in all the compartments though

riverboat1 Sun 07-Dec-14 11:52:30

Heh, DSS had 6 days of advent calendar to open yesterday! He scrupulously and voluntarily the 6 chocolates between DP, me and himself. But going forward we've said he can open/eat the chocolates the days he is here, and I we will eat the chooclates on the days he's not here. It works because he already has a calendar at his mum's and he doesn't have a huge appetite for chocolate anyway, whereas I, on the other hand, am a chocaholic!

StardustBikini Sun 07-Dec-14 13:25:14

Eventually, we just kept DDs calendar out of the way when the DSC were here - having a calendar with us caused them to much conflict (it was something their Mum strongly disagreed with), so DD had her chocolate when the DSC were doing something else with their dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now