Talk

Advanced search

Light at the end of a long dark tunnel

(4 Posts)
daisydoo222 Sat 29-Mar-14 12:43:11

I just wanted to share a little positive story.

Over the past couple of years I've been on here under various names with several problems. DP and I have been close to splitting up a couple of times over the years because of all the pressure on us, me struggling to be a step parent, we had problems with the children's behaviour, I've struggled to deal with his interfering and controlling ex. Top that off with having our own surprise baby, the financial pressures, having bad PND etc etc...well it all just got too much.

BUT we kept going and we've worked through our problems, the kids are now settled and happy with the set up, my DS and DSS are now very good friends, the rivalry between them seems to have stopped.

DP's ex has now met a new guy which almost instantly made her stop caring about mine and DP's relationship, she now doesn't try to control DP like she used to.

Everything has now just fallen into place. We still have problems, but because of what we have already worked through we are now strong enough to work through anything that gets thrown at us.

I just wanted to share my positive story because I know how close I was from walking away from it all.

I resented my DSC at times, I didn't look forward to them coming, I'd try and arrange things for me to do on my own whilst they were with us...but now I genuinely love them coming to stay and I purposely try and make sure my diary is free when they come so we can have some real family time.

I'm so glad I didn't walk away. I love my little (or not so little) family grin

PotOfYoghurt Sat 29-Mar-14 12:55:58

What a lovely post to read. smile

Well done for sticking through the bad times, and all the best for your family!

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Sat 29-Mar-14 14:02:17

Brilliant story smile

wishes ps ex would meet someone as she's a pita when on her own interfering grabby controlling cow

TheMumsRush Sat 29-Mar-14 20:20:21

This post has given me hope. My DH ex isn't interfering at all and things tick along fine, big all the other stresses have nearly broken us

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now