Talk

Advanced search

Who has read stepmonster?

(4 Posts)
Denisedenise Mon 17-Mar-14 20:45:01

I have been in my situation for four years now, I thought by now it would be getting easier but it's not! I have just ordered the book Stepmonster, will it help?

Bit about me! Live with DP and DS, DP gets Dsd EOW, DS is under 1. DP and I fall out every time DSD here. Not anyone's fault really, just more pressure, Disney parenting etc

Does this book work?

FrogbyAnotherName Mon 17-Mar-14 20:59:28

Stepmonster isn't a practical 'self help' book as such, rather it validates your feelings and the situations you find yourself overwhelmed by through a step by step journey through the documented studies, reports and scientific observations relating to stepmothers.

It will help, firstly because it will explain why things happen, and secondly you will no longer feel alone.

My tip - once you've read it, give it to your DH to read. He'll have a greater insight into your perspective and he'll begin to notice things about his own DCs that he wasn't prepared to face previously.

Denisedenise Tue 18-Mar-14 11:20:22

Thank you for your reply frogby, it's good to know it may help as I'm running out of ideas on what may help confused I'm looking forward to reading it. Il come back and let you know my views once I've read it smile x

Lostlou Tue 18-Mar-14 14:43:36

It's a great book. I've read it twice. Need to give it DP next I think...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now