Talk

Advanced search

Rant ðŸ˜38;

(12 Posts)
ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Wed 26-Feb-14 16:19:39

Dear ex of p
Why do you seem to think that your kids deserve to have mobile phones namely iPhone 5s's that you demanded they have at the ages of 11 and 12 - tell p he should provide them which you know he will out of Disney and guilt combined..
And why did you ask just as we happen to have scraped together enough money to replace the sofa we've had for ten years - angry
Why was it that you withheld contact for three months then summoned p to perform taxi services as well as issuing 'I want' demands, and how come sd who you claim is afraid of p was there demanding that her iPhone 5s is white or else?

You know what? If I was p I'd have told you all to fuck the fuck off to the far side of fuck.
As it is we have brought them both an iPhone 4S each out of my sofa money next time you get angry with SS and want to take a hammer to his phone you can think again if you think we'll be replacing it.
Keyboard mash over.

FrogbyAnotherName Wed 26-Feb-14 16:55:02

Oh, things - your DP needs to man-up, doesn't he?

I read these rants with such mixed emotions - relief that my DH isn't a guilty daddy, but trepidation because I'm sure that my DDs stepmum resents the Disney-parenting that she ends up paying for (not that I demand anything for DD, but Daddy can't help himself).

Can you keep your finances separate, or is that not possible?

Kaluki Wed 26-Feb-14 17:34:43

More fool your DH for agreeing to these crazy demands! hmm

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Wed 26-Feb-14 17:58:57

I know he's a bloody idiot
It's compounded by the fact that she pissed off when they were one and two respectively - had them back last year after appearing out of the blue, Disney parented her arse off in the months previous then upped and just took the kids one day, up until then she hadn't provided them with so much as a pair of pants or socks, got SS diagnosed with ADHD so her benefits wouldn't get capped, buys them second hand clothes and shoes, prevents contact, slags p off by text, you name it.
Then when they need clothes or want the latest gadget, she let's them see him again.
I'm infuriated.
It also doesn't help that SS did what he did to my son, though I have encouraged p to continue contact where it's allowed, she has also demanded I don't warn anyone with young dc's of the risk he poses when he wants to stop over at p's relatives. Apparently if I do, p will never see them again. Fuck that, rather that than an abused child. P doesn't agree.
Think we're on our last legs confused

catsmother Wed 26-Feb-14 18:02:40

New sofa genuinely required + 11 & 12 year old kids who don't really need fancy phones + no spare money = cheap PAYG (at best) IMO.

Can see why you're angry with the ex's demands when you're good enough for expensive gadgets but not good enough for contact (been there, done that) but my god, in your shoes I'd be angry with P as well (is it any co-incidence the 'D' is missing ?)

He's obviously feeding the troll because until he stands up to ridiculous demands like these she's going to keep pushing isn't she ?

I'm guessing it's the old fear of reduced contact that "makes" him do this ?

Perhaps he'd like to sell something belonging to him to put the sofa fund right ?

catsmother Wed 26-Feb-14 18:03:46

Am gobsmacked at your x-post and very sorry - looks like you're banging your head on a brick wall.

catsmother Wed 26-Feb-14 18:05:31

Oh - and of course nothing is more important than protecting a child from the potential risk of being abused. Your P is an idiot and a sorry excuse for a man if he thinks otherwise.

Kaluki Wed 26-Feb-14 19:01:11

Gish I didn't realise that was you Things - sorry!
WTF?? She won't let you warn anyone about your SS shockshockshock
Is anything being done to stop him doing it again?
I'm amazed your 'D'P is going along with it as well!!!
No wonder you are on your last legs!!

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Thu 27-Feb-14 13:45:32

Sorry ladies only just got back to this, no, it's not about worrying about no contact I don't think.
He has a much older dd that 'hates' him, she won't believe he went to court for contact nor that her mum bogged off with her abroad for a number of years, poisoned by her siblings and mother, only sees p when she wants something - last time it was a laptop and a few hundred quids worth of clothes and shoes. She was nice while he was taking her shopping, bar when she looked at the Apple Mac her mum ha advised her to get confused and p said no, she had a little strop when he told her his budget. 'Oh I'm just getting a cheap shitty one then, oh great'
The following week she demanded he take her shopping. Laden with bags she got out of the car and announced that 'she would rather he had put the clothes money plus an extra £100 towards the apple laptop' shock and he just sat there and swallowed it!
The week after THAT she was texting again for something else, an iPad irrc, she wanted wifi, 64gb ect ect.
P said she could possibly get one for Christmas which she said 'that's six months away' and put the phone down. Then she called to ask him to pay her mobile phone bill, an pay for her prom dress and hair.
He did both, in return she sent him no photo, didn't even let him know where it was so he could go, refused a lift as he hadn't helped to pay for a limo.
So there you have it, one entitled little brat down, and I don't give a flying crap if anyone comes slating me for calling her that
In the end I was the nasty step mum who said no more. She stopped seeing him then blush I only said no more as the other kids were in need of shoes and uniform for the new term (SS and SD) and her demands meant that p was broke.
I ended up buying them.
I cringe to think of my kids becoming that way, I'd be ashamed tbh.

Anyway, sd and ss mum .. She texts and is overly nice, says the kids are getting picked on because they don't have iPhone 5's.. And off he trots.
This is despite the accusations that he beat/raped/cheated on her ect ect. Her refusal to allow him within a mile of her also went up in smoke so she must have really wanted the kids to have these phones so fair play to her. She's welcome to the sofa fund hmm
I told him last night that not only are the kids pay per view and he is totally Disney, but that I will tell whoever needs to know about SS to keep their kids safe. I won't bow down to anyone on that, I also (rather mean I guess) stated that SS is basically being rewarded despite what he did to ds. (Heard nothing more yet off social services or police)
I'm just keeping out of it tbf I can't be arsed with expending any energy on it. Especially when the icing on the cake was that I've had to drag little dd round with me to strangers homes to view and buy these poxy phones because p was 'too tired' angry
I'm a mug ..

Aroundtheworldandback Thu 27-Feb-14 22:09:34

I emphathise as i also have a disney dh with pay-per-view kids. Why did you then go and buy the phones yourself?

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Thu 27-Feb-14 23:25:25

I went to view and collect them as imagine the back of his palm against his brow he was too tired

I know I'm being mugged off confused

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Thu 27-Feb-14 23:28:08

Oh also the police and Social services have decided no further action on SS so I'm a bit miffed today and feeling shite sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now