Talk

Advanced search

Quick question re: EOW plus one night in the week contact

(15 Posts)
Snoozybird Thu 20-Feb-14 15:16:46

Is it the norm that the 'one night in the week' takes place every week, or is it just on the weeks where there's no weekend contact?

TIA

elliebellys Thu 20-Feb-14 15:20:07

Every week id guess.

Petal02 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:25:58

I always thought the midweek night took place in the week where there was no weekend contact. Otherwise it could potentially be a lot of disruption?

wholenewwoman Thu 20-Feb-14 15:30:42

everyweek here, and also appears to be the norm for all my friends who have eow arrangements.

The only time that this doesn't seem to be the arrangement is when there is much more of a 50/50 split of care.

purpleroses Thu 20-Feb-14 15:35:43

My kids just do the Monday night on the weeks when they've not been over for the weekend. But depends what suits everyone I think.

Petal02 Thu 20-Feb-14 15:48:49

I suppose it could also depend on your definition of ‘weekend.’ Whilst to most people the weekend is Saturday-Sunday, you often hear of weekend access that starts before Friday and ends after Sunday.

Snoozybird Thu 20-Feb-14 16:09:12

Thanks all, DH is in the middle of sorting out a revised contact pattern and we were wondering what "the norm" is when care's not split 50/50.

purpleroses Thu 20-Feb-14 16:40:47

I think the'norm' various a bit around midweek access. But worth asking the DCs what they would like. Mine used to have a more complex rota with a shorter weekend and more frequent contact in the week but as they got older they objected to the chopping and changing involved so it's now a longer weekend and only one weekday night a fortnight.

mymiraclebubba Thu 20-Feb-14 19:42:19

It's entirely up to mother and father! We have my dss and dsd every week for overnight and then eow for weekends

MissWimpyDimple Thu 20-Feb-14 19:49:21

We do one nimby each week and EOW. It really depends where you live and what your commitments are.

DDs dad has moved a bit further away and I suspect that it is going to become unfeasible to continue this much longer.

Kaluki Thu 20-Feb-14 20:44:29

We do eow and in the other weeks DP sees his kids on a Thursday night and my dc go to their dads on the Friday night.
From what I can gather this is pretty common.

Sparkle86 Sat 22-Feb-14 14:32:19

We do tea in the week (5:30-8) one week followed by fri tea till sun tea the next week.

Xalla Sat 22-Feb-14 17:39:57

If it's every week, it allows the NRP to do an after-school activity with their kid each week. For instance, NRP Dad takes son to footy every Wed.

purpleroses Sat 22-Feb-14 18:59:52

xalla and also allows the RP a regular day they can work late and/or an evening social commitment. We only switched to EOW once that mattered less to me (as DC were older).

Xalla Sun 23-Feb-14 19:13:53

Yep, that too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now