Talk

Advanced search

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away

(6 Posts)
BuzzLightbulb Tue 18-Feb-14 10:27:43

We managed to get away for a Valentine's night dinner and stay in hotel after all with no DSC childcare duties.

Won't go into details why it might not have happened.

We had a great time just being the two of us together for a change, lovely meal, really friendly hotel staff, at our age as romantic as it gets !

Then 3am, DP rushed to the bathroom and emptied from both ends. Nothing to do with the food as we both had the same thing, just a bug that's been going around school and parents.

Had a nice short walk before breakfast, DP didn't eat mch unsurprisingly then Saturday afternoon watching the Olympics and catching up on recorded TV while she snored her way through the afternoon.

Very relaxing weekend!

TheMumsRush Tue 18-Feb-14 10:48:13

Did you name change op? Was it you who had the drama with dsd not wanting to go away due to a party? Glad you had a nice meal

BuzzLightbulb Tue 18-Feb-14 11:01:46

Shhhhhh.

Yes I name changed.

Discovered I had posted something wine induced and a bit melancholy somewhere else a while back and had been well and truly castigated for it.

Tough audience, but I deserved it.

Drama resolved itself, after spending the afternoon discussing negotiatiing tactics with DSD and a cautious ok from her dad and my DP, she wasn't left alone after all, weather was too horrible for the trip away!

purpleroses Tue 18-Feb-14 11:08:59

Glad to hear you got your night away in the end. And a good thing if your DP and her ex are able to negotiate tactics with DSD. My DP is slowly learning the need to do that to avoid being completely exploited by DSD who tells each parent that the other lets her do X, or tells each that she's staying at the other's house... communication very important with teens.

BuzzLightbulb Tue 18-Feb-14 11:19:33

I'll take the credit for negotiating her away from the 'I'm 16 I can do what I want' stance to something more concessionary. She played her cards well!!

It was just really nice to get away. First time in a long while it seems on reflection we've had any genuine 'us' time.

I can't recommend it enough. Without the sickness preferrably.

TheMumsRush Tue 18-Feb-14 11:25:02

Ha ha, wine induced posting is not good! Nearly done that myself wink brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now