Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

he's starting to make me cringe!

(57 Posts)
coffeeaddict11 Mon 17-Feb-14 19:01:45

Oh god i know that my dp loves being a dad and he only sees his dc a couple of days a week but lately he's behaviour is really starting to make me cringe. Dsd(3) is going through a funny stage and everytime she is bored or doesn't get her own way she says she wants her mam. Or she'll say to her mum that she doesn't want to go to dads cos dad is rubbish. So he is overly overly playful and iti s really cringey. Like she had love hearts on her tights and hes like is that how much u love dad? Im like boorrrkk!!! No one enjoys being a father more than my dp and he desperately wants us to have children of our own and i just hope and pray when he is a father 24/7 and its children he'll be bringing up he won't feel the need to do this cos its making me cringe and my skin crawl!

Kaluki Mon 17-Feb-14 23:33:48

She's only 3!
Why does it make your skin crawl?

ShatnersBassoon Mon 17-Feb-14 23:35:58

Love is a hard thing to talk about with a 3yr old! The poor bloke, I hope he doesn't know how scornful you are.

extracrunchy Mon 17-Feb-14 23:36:57

This is a bit intolerant OP! He's just trying to be a good dad which is more than many can claim.

justmuddlingalong Mon 17-Feb-14 23:40:28

You sound jealous of his relationship with his very young daughter.

NigellasDealer Mon 17-Feb-14 23:43:02

"children of our own"
nice!

TheScience Mon 17-Feb-14 23:43:35

What's the actual problem? I tell my 3 year old I love him all the time.

TheGirlFromIpanema Mon 17-Feb-14 23:43:46

Nice hmm

How would you let a 3 year old you don't spend every day with know that you love them then?

Maybe83 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:45:40

Really? Skin crawl because he s affectionate to a 3 yr old?

I d say some thing like that about the tights.we have lots of sayings about love in this house that rhyme etc. There affectionate between family. Stupid things that make them laugh etc.

If she's getting use to being away from her mam and dad when he s not there he s trying to build a happy and secure relationship for her. If she was 20 I might understand but she s still tiny! I think your posts quite sad.. Does he know how you feel?

Only1scoop Mon 17-Feb-14 23:47:48

Your Dp IS a father 24/7 already hmm

Crocky Mon 17-Feb-14 23:58:57

"And it's his children he'll be bringing up"?

I thought you said this was his child?

Nectarines Tue 18-Feb-14 00:00:17

You cringe because he openly shows he loves his daughter?

Poor man!0

NigellasDealer Tue 18-Feb-14 00:00:38

oh children from previous relationships do not count as real children crocky didn't you know?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 18-Feb-14 00:04:26

Ok for starters- stop 'hoping and praying' seriously. Do not have children with him and hope he becomes the father you want him to be. Thats the sort of stuff you need to be sure of before conceiving.

DrewsWife Tue 18-Feb-14 00:05:48

Wow. Just. Wowblush

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 18-Feb-14 00:05:58

Crocky you added the 'his' in that quote. Its not there in the OP.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 18-Feb-14 00:06:44

And i actually think showing a 3 year old a lot of hearts is a very good way to show them that you love them lots.

NigellasDealer Tue 18-Feb-14 00:07:05

yeh it kind of is though sillybilly, what else would that sentence mean?

Crocky Tue 18-Feb-14 00:07:28

Whoops. Mind you if you read it without the "his" it sounds even worse!

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 18-Feb-14 00:08:29

She meant children he'll be raising day to day rather than 'his' children.

Crocky's comment centred upon the 'his' being in the sentence which wasnt actually there.

BrunoBrookesDinedAlone Tue 18-Feb-14 00:16:43

I'm afraid it's more a case of he already sounds like a great dad... the problem is that you have no idea what it is to be a parent.

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Tue 18-Feb-14 01:36:54

Blimey my first comment on the sp board that's not supportive -

Op you sound (come across as anyway) a jealous twat

Dear me

coffeeaddict11 Tue 18-Feb-14 05:37:27

I think there is a difference between showing affection and being OTT! He always shows dsd affection which doesn't bother me but he was only acting like that cos he feels guilty n 'rubbish'

EirikurNoromaour Tue 18-Feb-14 05:46:07

Hmm. I think I know what the OP means. Over the top, unnatural/forced interactions with a child? I've seen this before, in young dads who don't know how to relax and be normal with their children because they don't spend enough time with them. To be fair it is quite cringy to watch.

Only1scoop Tue 18-Feb-14 06:27:15

Agree with a prev post....sounds almost jealous....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now