Talk

Advanced search

eu maintenance calcs

(6 Posts)
lateatwork Mon 10-Feb-14 22:58:12

hi... just received court papers for maintenance support payments for dss who lives in another country. the court papers ask for details of both of our incomes... does this sound correct? i thought only the parents incomes were counted? not sure why they need to know my financial details? anyone been through this?

Frogbyanothername Mon 10-Feb-14 23:06:28

I remember a colleague having to give all her financial details regarding her DPs maintenance payment calculations - they were sharing a house, and there was some doubt over who was paying housing costs which were relevant to the calculation at the time. Not sure if that's relevant?

Her position was very clear; she insisted that if they needed info from her, then it had to be requested, in writing, directly to her - not verbally to her DP over the phone. She wasn't prepared to share her detailed financial documents with her DP because she was planning to leave and was building up a running away fund!

Xalla Tue 11-Feb-14 11:48:22

My understanding is that it used to be the case that the CSA could request a live-in parents' income but that it isn't any longer.

Not sure how it works if the request is coming for an overseas agency though? Or is it still CSA?

lateatwork Tue 11-Feb-14 21:08:40

thanks frog and xalla... i kinda think that a child should be supported by their parents financially (ie two people) and not by 4 people... doesnt seem very fair to me. I am the main breadwinner in the family and my OH earns min wage... he always has even when he was with ex... so now ex (and stepson) are asking for more money and will be better off than they were when they were living with my OH.... at my expense and the expense of my 3 children. I think that is rubbish.

mymiraclebubba Sat 15-Feb-14 10:07:58

the courts asked for my income also when DP and his Ex were looking into maintenance, i think it is to assess his financial commitment to me in terms of rent etc, rather than looking at me to pay for his kids. If it is being dealt with by CSA then perhaps a quick call to them to ask them to explain would clear it up for you?

needaholidaynow Sat 15-Feb-14 15:34:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now