Talk

Advanced search

Splitting up....

(7 Posts)
DLCC Thu 06-Feb-14 12:11:45

Hi there

My DP and I have come to the end of the road after 16 months, we have just been arguing over money and where to live etc and it's just got too much. We don't live together.

My DS's (9&4) are really fond of him and his DS's and I don't know how to go about telling them....

Thanks

Loveineveryspoonful Thu 06-Feb-14 14:49:16

I'm very sorry. Wish you and the dc all the best. flowers

croquet Thu 06-Feb-14 15:01:17

Oh dear - poor you.

louby44 Fri 07-Feb-14 18:53:19

(((hugs))) to you. At least this has happened before you moved in together.

It's very hard. I split from my exP in December after 6 years.

Last night my 2 DS were facetiming his 2 DD!! They all got on so well, I got on with his girls, he was the one with the problem!

Kaluki Fri 07-Feb-14 19:16:14

How are things Louby?
This is my worst nightmare - if DP and I split our dc would be heartbroken they are all so close. In fact that has kept us together on more than one occasion and I'm glad it has.

louby44 Fri 07-Feb-14 19:58:01

He's moved out today, renting somewhere. Such a relief.

His DD16 sent my 2 DS a letter last weekend, it made me cry, telling them she will always call them her brothers and remember all the good times.

So sad!

Kaluki Mon 10-Feb-14 11:39:58

Sorry to hijack DLCC - glad he has gone Louby, he was a nightmare.
There is no reason why the dc can't stay in touch.
My dc are in touch with my ex's dd - they still call her their big sister and she often comes for tea.
My ex would blow a fuse if he found out but luckily her Mum and I are on good terms and she is old enough to make her own decisions now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now