Talk

Advanced search

Just seen this posted in AIBU....

(12 Posts)
YoungStepMum Tue 18-Oct-11 18:28:06

'AIBU to be fuming when the ex's new wife comes to the house with the ex to collect my DS'

Can't wait to see what comes out....

Magneto Tue 18-Oct-11 18:30:35

Why does this need a new thread? I know let's post it in relationships too to see what they think? hmm

Seems a bit backstabby and bitchy to me.

TheFeministsZombieBride Fri 21-Oct-11 15:36:27

Exactly what Magneto said. Bitchy and uncalled for, have you actually read the thread? hmm

WitchesBrewIsMyFriend Fri 21-Oct-11 15:38:08

well if you had read the thread then you would understand the OPs POV.

Stop bitching youngstepmum and stirring.

Petal02 Fri 21-Oct-11 15:49:58

I did read the thread; I generally stay clear of the ex where possible. It was her choice to end the marriage, and I didn't meet DH til two years after that, so my conscience is clean. But I detect some real animosity, which I think simply goes with the territory.

Very few people escape unscathed when a marriage ends, and there's no point in muddying the water further by crossing her path when I don't have to.

So going back to the thread we're discussing; I can see it from both sides. The OP is being a bit unreasonable, but I can understand why she's upset. Human nature I'm afraid ......

MJlovesscareypants Fri 21-Oct-11 20:31:14

Message withdrawn

MJlovesscareypants Fri 21-Oct-11 20:34:41

Message withdrawn

YoungStepMum Mon 24-Oct-11 13:43:48

Honestly, my intention wasn't to bitch or stir.

I was genuinely interested to see what the outcome was as the basic issue of not being 'allowed' in the car outside DPs ex's house and the whole pick up/drop off thing has been a horrible, costly and frustrating battleground for DP and I for ages. Also, other posters on this board have mentioned it before so I was just raising awareness.

dearheart Mon 24-Oct-11 19:57:42

I was interested too, as it happens. I would ignore the telly-offy remarks here if I were you.

Fifis25StottieCakes Mon 24-Oct-11 20:03:03

What's wrong with it. I posted on that thread and she asked if she was being unreasonable. Some said she was and others came out in sympathy with her as OH left her while son had cancer.

Agree with the bitchy comments

NanaNina Mon 24-Oct-11 20:33:51

I can't believe this is a step parent thread and think it's high time you all stopped slating Youngstepmum - are you really all step parents on here - can't really believe that. I think step mums can get touchy over anything (have had first hand experience - thank god they're grown up now) I can understand why you feel upset YSM at seeing ex's new partner in the car. You know she is going to be having contact with your son when he is with his dad, but seeing her sitting there in the car somehow underlines it, and upsets you. It's called being human so try to rise above it. The problem is as step parents we more than half know that we are being irrational but that doesn't mean we can be rational!

mjlovesscareypants Tue 25-Oct-11 11:18:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now