Talk

Advanced search

meeting other stepmums

(19 Posts)
isithometimeyet Mon 26-Sep-11 23:16:19

Hi, this board is brilliant, but I have been thinking it would be great to meet some other step mums face to face and laugh/cry over a glass of wine. I've been looking for some support groups but no luck so far - has anyone else had any luck?

ladydeedy Tue 27-Sep-11 08:14:48

no, but there was a get together of MN stepmums earlier in the year in Birmingham I think (I couldnt get to it unfortunately). I hear it was great and hope there will be one next year!

ConfessionsOfAFlask Tue 27-Sep-11 10:20:40

Hi there, we did organise a meet up in B'ham earlier this year only 4 of us made it but it was great fun, perhaps I'll start a new thread to arrange another one in the new year.

nenevomito Tue 27-Sep-11 11:41:47

I'm up for doing another meet-up. I had an absolutely brilliant time. There was lots of wine and gin lots of high brow conversation.

I shall start a thread smile

ladydeedy Tue 27-Sep-11 12:36:52

great, I'd love to get a date in the diary!!

brdgrl Tue 27-Sep-11 16:32:42

I'd love to meet other stepmums. But I suspect there won't be any meet-ups near me - too far from any English urban centre! Boo.

nenevomito Tue 27-Sep-11 18:35:43

brdgrl I live in the arse end of nowhere! In fact I think I live around 4 hours drive from Confessions (humph) So we tend to do a central meet up to make it even for everyone.

Where abouts are you? PM me if you don't want to splash it on line.

chelen Tue 27-Sep-11 19:16:11

I would also love to meet some stepmums, its amazing how much better I feel after just coming on here and hearing how everyone else does things, not feeling so alone etc.

LaDolcheRyvita Tue 27-Sep-11 19:42:49

Ooooh can I come? I'm a well browbeaten step mum at the moment....could do with a meet.

Am Cheshire.

isithometimeyet Tue 27-Sep-11 21:19:28

LaDolcheRyvita hope you got my terribly late reply to your kind reply in previous thread :-)

I'm down South. Seems we are all scattered.

Would there be a way of putting up an ad somewhere to scoop up locals?

LaDolcheRyvita Thu 29-Sep-11 13:39:38

Good idea....actually, think I've just replied to your post on another thread. We should unite.....us much maligned steps!!

glasscompletelybroken Thu 29-Sep-11 15:20:34

isithometimeyet are you south east or west?
I tried to find other local step-mums when I first became one but no luck. I thought there would be a group that met locally. I asked the Health Visitor and she seemed amazed that there would be a need for it and actually asked me if I had any problems that I felt the need of a support group. I said I regularly felt the need of a padded cell!

ConfessionsOfAFlask Thu 29-Sep-11 16:26:52

Glass grin

I shall start up a Meet Up thread

LaDolcheRyvita Thu 29-Sep-11 16:30:35

Yeah....I could do with some of that Emla cream. The stuff kids have put on their arms to numb the skin before an injection. I'd apply the whole tube, liberally, to my brain.

Ahhh, to be numbed to the pain!

isithometimeyet Thu 29-Sep-11 21:57:45

I'd quite like to get hold of a Cheek Shield

If anyone can tell me of a local outlet, please let me know

Look, half-intended misinformed nonsense just bounces straight off

Glass, I could get to a Wiltshire/Hampshire/Berkshire meet up ...

glasscompletelybroken Fri 30-Sep-11 14:01:49

I couldn't get to the last one in the end - extreme shortage of money at the time. Would really like to meet up though so anywhere central or south (west-ish) is fine for me.

tokenwoman Fri 30-Sep-11 17:12:26

im up for it... im surrey (not posh) so could do berkshire/sussex/hampshire or even west london
would be nice to meet some other evil step mothers where we could hatch dasterdly plans or just weep into each others wine i can provide broomstick and cauldron

chelen Fri 30-Sep-11 18:38:02

And I could bring a poisoned apple for each of you to take home!

LaDolcheRyvita Fri 30-Sep-11 20:26:52

Come on ladies, anyone up North....Cheshire?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: