Talk

Advanced search

Advice please .

(3 Posts)
rumby Sun 21-Aug-11 17:47:24

have just discovered my 13 year old dss( lives with me full-time ) has kept 2 separate home work diaries . The one I had been signing each week was the one without his detentions and lateness comments sad we live 5 minutes from the school and he had late comments around once a week . It's not the actual lateness I am angry about , it's the fact that he lied to me for so long . He is on holidays in turkey at the moment . His dad rang him to ask him about it and his reply was he didn't want "world war 3 breaking out " if I knew he had detentions /lateness . We said we would discuss it further when he comes home . My question to all those experienced step mums of teenagers is what way should we handle this ? Any advice would be appreciated smile

SingingTunelessly Sun 21-Aug-11 22:25:25

First off I would say this is not just about being a step-mum as he lives with you full-time, it's a dealing with a teenager problem. How did he get two diaries btw? The school only gave one diary out to my DCs and it was all in date order. I think the only thing you can do is for you and DH to speak to him when he gets back from holiday. Might be an idea to re-post on the teenager forum of the site for more help/ideas.

rumby Sun 21-Aug-11 22:58:08

Thanks singingtunelessly , will re-post on the teenagers forum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now