Talk

Advanced search

All we are saying - is give WINE a chance

(480 Posts)
HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Tue 05-Jul-11 22:36:40

Message withdrawn

onionlove Tue 05-Jul-11 23:02:34

great idea something small but strange is it weird my DSd who is ten is testing dh to find out if he wants to go to sports day at 10 pm shouldn't she be asleep? Hmmmmm

onionlove Tue 05-Jul-11 23:03:55

sorry texting

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Wed 06-Jul-11 06:47:01

Message withdrawn

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Wed 06-Jul-11 22:17:25

Message withdrawn

WinterLover Wed 06-Jul-11 22:34:45

I'm here but not drinking wink

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Wed 06-Jul-11 22:44:40

Message withdrawn

nenevomito Fri 08-Jul-11 08:48:07

I'm here <waves> and have drunk waaaaay too much recently, so I'm going to be good as gold from now on and only drink pure filtered water with gin in it.

Talking about gin, where is that dodgy lady? grin

WinterLover Fri 08-Jul-11 09:33:01

Morning grin

Are we abandoning the other thread now?

DPs hopefully got work from Monday for 2 weeks so I'm going to NEST the one downside it's stoopid hours, ie setting off anywhere from 3-4am hmmmm can't complain too much tho grin

nenevomito Fri 08-Jul-11 09:51:53

I think so. The other one came from another time.. Laters anyone?

I'd like to extend a warm and friendly welcome to everyone new and old on the SP board to come and drink wine and chew the cud fat.

wine anyone? brew for the non drinkers?

nenevomito Fri 08-Jul-11 09:52:24

onionlove - Love the name btw smile

houseelfheave Fri 08-Jul-11 10:03:10

Do you like my Harry Potter Homage name grin

GinAndWater Fri 08-Jul-11 11:09:47

<walks in dressed in black>

I am mourning BoMbay Satire.

<dabs her eyes with hanky- blows nose loudly>

grin

Sorry ladies if I have deserted you , just caught up in too much work, end of year school events with the girls, visitors and the like.

I'll have some of that rose MJ ? <hides her Gin>

Welcome to all the new posters.

houseelfheave Fri 08-Jul-11 11:36:12

Hello ma cherie.

<hides bottle of evian>

Someone needs to talk me out of driving to McDonalds for lunch. I know I will regret it. I don't even like it. But all I can think of is that special sauce and gherkins....

save me from myself!!

GinAndWater Fri 08-Jul-11 11:43:41

<gets straight jacket out>

No no no you shan't be going to the land of McShit...

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Fri 08-Jul-11 17:38:40

Message withdrawn

houseelfheave Fri 08-Jul-11 18:41:20

I didn't drive to MDs.

<pins badge on self>

But only becasue I rememered it was DS's Summer School BBQ tonight so would be eating crap later.

As it was, we had the most spectacular thunderstorm and we all ended up damp and sweaty in the school hall. Are there no end to the delights of being a parent? grin

brdgrl Fri 08-Jul-11 20:29:07

hello, newbie brdgrl here. what a good idea!
DSD is having a post-exams party so house is full of teenagers. Baby in bad so now I can hide...

houseelfheave Fri 08-Jul-11 20:58:13

Evening brdgrl.

House full of teenagers <sluuurps wine> sounds noisy. Both DCs are in bed here, thankfully. Sooo tired.

Should introduce myself - 2 dcs and DSD who is in her late teens now. Hang on here quite a bit. We've had a meet up before where we got utterly smashed on gin discussed the finer points of step parenting. It would be good if we could do that again!

I'd noticed there were lots of new faces, so I'm glad that MJ's started a new thread. The Bombay Satire thread used to be the chat one, but unless you knew what it was, it wasn't very inclusive.

brdgrl Fri 08-Jul-11 21:07:07

Hi, thanks. Yes, I saw that thread but didn't want to butt in so am glad there is a new one!
A gin and tonic sounds awfully good. None in, though, so will have a beer instead. The teens are watching a film now, the boys are only here for the evening, but the girls are staying over - they're nice kids though, actually think they bring out the best in our lot.
How old are your DCs?

GinAndWater Fri 08-Jul-11 21:08:10

Hey brdgrl-

I have 1 DD7 2 DSDs 11 (she lives with us) and 9 who lives with her mum. Been a step for over 6 years now, so had my highs and lows and this board has been a wonderful source of support.

Meet up was so much fun, we need to organise another one.

MJ- I am envy at your camper w-e, have fun with the babies!

BH- you better get some rest as erm, don't you have a night out tomorrow ?grin

GinAndWater Fri 08-Jul-11 21:10:34

<notices that BH has hidden the water>

<off to make a stiff G&T>

houseelfheave Fri 08-Jul-11 21:16:54

Yeah, I'm planning a night out tomorrow with plenty of [g&t]

I ought to explain brdgrl that if you go on a meet up with GinandWater and you run out of tonic you may end up being called GinandWater.

You know, I reckon I could just about hack camping with a campervan. Especially if it was parked up outside the hotel I was staying in grin

My DCs are 1 & 5 and my DSD is 18.

WinterLover Fri 08-Jul-11 21:46:33

Il introduce myself... I'm a step mum to a 5 almost 6 year old DSD. Been a step for almost 4 years now.

I'm expecting my first DC in 6 weeks with DP grin so no drinking gin for me!!

Sadly I missed out on the meet due to my pain in the arse mil.

Good to see some brave new faces grin

brdgrl Fri 08-Jul-11 21:54:08

congratulations, WinterLover! and hi, GinAndWater!
My DD is 1 and DH has two teenagers, so I guess we are in similar territory.

I haven't even looked at most of the rest of MN yet, just the stepparenting board; guess this is where i will be spending the most time anyway, at least until DD is old enough to be more trouble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now