Talk

Advanced search

SD asking DH who he'd rather be with.

(8 Posts)
McNameChange Tue 05-Jul-11 13:11:01

background:

DH hasn't seen his 2 DDs for years as his wife stopped access, both are now back in contact with him via FB and email but don't see him as we live too far away although DH has met the eldest with his ex wife once since they got back in contact all was friendly but she doesn't seem too thrilled about the idea of any other meetings.

now:

The youngest has started asking questions about who DH would rather be with and whether he wanted to move back home etc and we're not sure how to deal with it. He doesn't want to make her feel bad so is reluctant to answer.

Another thing - I have the eldest as a FB friend, she added me soon after they got back in contact, but I want to remove her from my friends list, I met her with DH but I'm feeling increasingly odd about having her on there but worried about removing her as I don't want to offend her, it's not anything she's done, she's a lovely girl but I don't want the rest of her family having access to my page, it's already come out that they've all been shown my pictures.

Any idea how I go about these two issues sensitively?!

truthisinthewine Tue 05-Jul-11 14:04:15

No help on the first issue but about facebook, could you put her on a limited profile? You will still appear as a friend but she won't see your status updates and you can hide your pictures too. I think you need to be on the full site (not mobile) to do this.

brdgrl Tue 05-Jul-11 14:17:37

Yes, on facebook you can customize each post so that she can't see it or your pictures. It is a pain, but the only way to handle it short of un-friending her, I think.

brdgrl Tue 05-Jul-11 14:18:36

Yes, on facebook you can customize each post so that she can't see it or your pictures. It is a pain, but the only way to handle it short of un-friending her, I think.

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Tue 05-Jul-11 15:43:26

Message withdrawn

McNameChange Tue 05-Jul-11 17:37:30

Thanks all.

Will have a play around with my FB settings.

Still unsure about the 2nd issue, not entirely sure how she meant it IYSWIM? confused

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Tue 05-Jul-11 17:42:06

Message withdrawn

berkshirefem Wed 06-Jul-11 16:27:28

He must be honst and say no. Otherwise he looks like a man who isn't doing what makes him happy and also like your relationship isn't a stable one. It also gives her false hope that mum and dad will get back together. HRH gave a good response.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now