Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh arse...

(12 Posts)
ShesAMooLady Wed 22-Jun-11 23:34:45

Hello Ladies (and any Gents in the vicinity)

I have mainly been a lurker on here for a while as I'm normally worried that DP's ex will be on MN and recognise the details of any post I make but I don't think I care at the moment. She's outdone herself this time.

DP was arrested for questioning this evening after she made an allegation about something she claims happened during the last handover. I do not believe the allegation as she has form for having her own version of events that have absolutely no bearing on what actually happened in the real world.

He's still in custody and I have no idea how long he'll be there for.

I never thought that this would be something I had to deal with as the partner of someone with children from a previous relationship. But then I've obviously had a sheltered life as I have never come across anyone who behaves like her and thinks that it's normal.

allnewtaketwo Thu 23-Jun-11 07:30:35

What is she saying happened?
DH's ex also pulled that stunt more than once

Rindercella Thu 23-Jun-11 08:43:23

Hope you're ok this morning...any news on your DP?

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Thu 23-Jun-11 08:45:43

Message withdrawn

Hebrewlass Thu 23-Jun-11 08:59:19

I am really empathising with you . DH ex wife is also equally deranged . I never ever imagined that having a partner with children would bring such distress to our lives. In fact I have been as honest to say to him, that if I had a crystal ball at the time to see into the future , I am not sure whether I would have stuck around. I think we are extremely tolerant strong women to cope with it all. I'm really understanding how awful this is for you . Try to sod everything else while you get over this.

ShesAMooLady Thu 23-Jun-11 09:03:48

Thanks for the replies, he's still in custody at the moment. I don't know the full details of what she's alleged but it seems to be that he assaulted her.

I'm hoping her allegation won't stand up in terms of any criminal proceedings but regardless of that I can see all contact being stopped now for the foreseeable future. Just when we were tentatively thinking we could see some light at the end of years of family court hearings I have a horrible feeling that he's back to square one.

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Thu 23-Jun-11 09:08:16

Message withdrawn

ShesAMooLady Thu 23-Jun-11 17:13:39

DP hasn't been released yet so I'm still waiting to find out what's happened.

HRHMJ Logically I know you are right but DP's ex has stopped contact over other "concerns" previously. Handovers in a contact centre might be the only option if contact isn't stopped now.

HRHMJOFMAGICJAMALAND Thu 23-Jun-11 18:26:15

Message withdrawn

Pandygirl Thu 23-Jun-11 20:48:21

I'd like to say I'm astounded that someone would do this, but sadly I think it's fairly common for a certain breed of ex. I often wonder if letting DP do PU and DO alone is sensible given the allegations she could make without witnesses.
I hope he's home very soon and everything is settled. For his own protection he should go and meet her without a witness in future.

ShesAMooLady Thu 23-Jun-11 21:43:54

Thanks for all the comments, it really does help just having someone sympathising (sp?) with me. He's home now and has been charged after refusing a caution. As he's now got to go to court I'd better stop talking about it on here.

Thanks again though. I'm sure I'll be back under my normal name in future!

aurorastargazer Sat 25-Jun-11 22:30:10

fingers crossed the court sees sense and your dh is ok xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now