Talk

Advanced search

so DBD says last night

(7 Posts)
mjinsparklystockings Wed 01-Dec-10 10:22:55

Message withdrawn

WildistheWind Wed 01-Dec-10 15:18:21

MJ- So much stress that could be avoided if her mother moved on.

However, I see a very positive sign here in DBD- She seems to have started analysing her behaviour and to question its origins & impact- which can only be good and proof that she is maturing as a young woman.

Also, there seem to be a part of her who has had enough of ''lying'' for the sake of her mother.

I really do hope it gets better and DBD is so lucky to have you, because you are not afraid of tackling issues like her mother is.

mjinsparklystockings Wed 01-Dec-10 17:34:46

Message withdrawn

WildistheWind Thu 02-Dec-10 12:28:40

oh I 'm sure absent DBD is very jealous of her - she is missing out on being with her dad, brothers, the babies-your family- it is a big hole in her life created by a woman who cannot move on.

DBD is realising now that her mother didn't act with her interests at heart but out of revenge and bitterness towards your DH and by doing that, she has made her own children unhappy.

I think it's pretty normal she is quite shaken by it. Bless her.

mjinsparklystockings Thu 02-Dec-10 13:52:48

Message withdrawn

Mummynumber2 Thu 02-Dec-10 17:26:55

Oh mj your poor dbd, well both of them actually sad.

We're trying to work through similar issues with dbd1. It was a terrible blow for her when she realised her mum didn't have her best interests at heart. Infact the realisation drove her to not want to see her at all sad.

All I can say is she's obviously lucky to have you and it's good you have the kind of relationship where she can talk to you about these things. Is she able to talk as openly to her dad?

Maybe the way to play it is to get her to look towards how she can change the future as there's nothing anyone can do about the past.

mjinsparklystockings Sat 04-Dec-10 15:47:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: