Talk

Advanced search

SS Home work Diary

(6 Posts)
freedom2010 Tue 23-Nov-10 20:08:06

Just want a little advise on how you would deal with this situation. A couple of weeks ago my ss asked me to sign his homework diary for school so I did a week after my dh found that ss mother had scribbled my name out and signed over it!

1) What is this doing to ss head

2) It looks so scruffy in his book

3) Not sure what his teachers think about it!

She has now done this several times and each time scribbled over my signature. I have now decided that I will not give her the pleasure of being able to scribble my name out and just not sign it anymore this make me really mad! ok rant over

macadoodledoo Tue 23-Nov-10 21:59:26

If I was in your shoes I'd try my best to rise above it - not sign and get DH to sign instead. It's not worth putting your DSS in an awkward or embarrassing position in school - or exposing him to nasty comments or atmosphere with his mum.

So - I'd work on the principle that it could be affecting DSS (1) and back off the book for a while at least, but in terms of your (2), not really relevant in the scheme of things, and (3) they will probably see stuff like this all the time, (and worse) maybe so don't fret about the teaching staff. In fact they could be useful to ask if you want to find out if DSS has mentioned anything about it.

theredhen Wed 24-Nov-10 08:19:08

Personally I'd keep signing it. If Mum hasn't signed it herself, SS could end up in trouble if it's not signed. I suppose it depends if he's going straight to school from yours?

Mum might cross out what you have written but you will have done the right thing.

I sometimes sign my step kids homework diaries on the weekend that we take them to school or have to write notes. To be honest, it's rare that we see anything signed from Mum nowadays anyway - the woman who was going to stop DP having contact as he didn't take the kids education "seriously" enough.

freedom2010 Thu 25-Nov-10 18:42:20

Thanks guys, I wont be signing it in the future as I do think this puts ss in a difficult position, but what gets me it that ss thought it was ok for me to sign yet his mother thinks I have no right? I was the one taking him to school that day, I think she just needs to do a bit of growing up and accept that I am part of his life!

mjinhiding Thu 25-Nov-10 18:43:34

Message withdrawn

freedom2010 Thu 25-Nov-10 18:47:44

Ha ha yeah your right I have been waiting ten years for that to happen! just bugs the hell out of me why she still wants to carry on petty games!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: