Talk

Advanced search

Stepparenting websites

(5 Posts)
Niceguy2 Mon 15-Nov-10 12:37:59

Hi all

Does anyone know of any good resources for stepparents in the UK? I know there's a small section right here but when I was a LP there seemed like there were loads of different websites/forums.

But as we all know, stepparenting is a tough, if not tougher job than being a LP yet there seems very little. What I've found is very US focussed.

I've even been thinking about starting something up but not sure I can do it alone.

Thanks

ladydeedy Mon 15-Nov-10 17:34:34

i havent seen much of any use to be honest. I saw one (which you have to pay to join!) but it seemed to be a general bitch/moan site for women.

WildistheWind Mon 15-Nov-10 17:47:57

I second ladydeedy , sadly there isn't much help for second/blended families out there.

Mazkin Tue 30-Nov-10 12:06:18

Hiya

I'm new here.

I truly find being a step parent tougher than being a birth parent. I therefore started reading books to try to understand my feelings around this which helped me alot in terms of some of the negativity i was feeling for my DSD (is that step daughter?). Anyway I tried Parent line and they didn’t have anything specific. I did a Google search and came up with a few things. This is one of them-

http://www.thestepstop.com/

Good luck!

M x

SparkleSoiree Tue 30-Nov-10 12:57:51

I have similar thoughts and actually purchased a domain name in order to set up a website for step parenting so I would be interested in putting something together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: