Advanced search

Morning Fellow Stepees, Feeling Soppy This Morning

(21 Posts)
mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 07:44:19

Message withdrawn

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 07:46:00

Message withdrawn

glasscompletelybroken Tue 09-Nov-10 08:45:58

That's lovely - such a good start to the day after yesterday. Thought I would share our wedding reading as well:

"A good relationship has a pattern like a dance and is built on some of the same rules. The partners do not need to hold on tightly, because they move confidently in the same pattern, intricate but gay and swift and free, like a country dance of Mozart's. To touch heavily would be to arrest the pattern and freeze the movement, to check the endlessly changing beauty of its unfolding.

"There is no place here for the possessive clutch, the clinging arm, the heavy hand; only the barest touch in passing. Now arm in arm, now face to face, now back to back - it does not matter which. Because they know they are partners moving to the same rhythm, creating a pattern together, and being invisibly nourished by it.

"When the partners each love so completely that they have forgotten to ask themselves whether or not they are loved in return; when they each only know that they love and are moving to its music - then, and then only, are two people able to dance perfectly in tune to the same rhythm."

geordieminx Tue 09-Nov-10 08:46:59

Ooooh I had that for my wedding reading too!!

ladydeedy Tue 09-Nov-10 08:49:35

oh and here is mine, to add to the mix. makes me well up every time I read it..

Marriage is a commitment to life,
the best that two people can find and bring out in each other.
It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other relationship can equal.
It is a physical and an emotional joining that is promised for a lifetime.
Within the circle of its love, marriage encompasses all of life's most important relationships.
A wife and a husband are each other's best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener, and critic.
And there may come times when one partner is heartbroken or ailing,
and the love of the other may resemble the tender caring of a parent or child.
Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life. Happiness is fuller, memories are fresher, commitment is stronger, even anger is felt more strongly, and passes away more quickly.
Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid.
It encourages and nurtures new life, new experiences, new ways of expressing a love that is deeper than life.
When two people pledge their love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique unto themselves which binds them closer than any spoken or written words.
Marriage is a promise, a potential made in the hearts of two people who love each other and takes a lifetime to fulfill.

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 09:08:47

Message withdrawn

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 09:16:16

Message withdrawn

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 09:22:51

Message withdrawn

glasscompletelybroken Tue 09-Nov-10 09:48:13

He always asks me how I'm doing, and if I ask his advice about something he tells me I should do whatever I want to do and it's alright with him.

He makes me tea in the morning and leaves the light on for me even though he hates doing it.

He is amazing to my children and a truly amazing dad to his.

He has more patience than anyone else I have ever met and always thinks the best of people.

He's clever and funny and the sexiest man alive.

He's supported me in giving up a good job and starting my own business and works really hard at helping me with it - doing my website and publicity and keeping the computers working smoothly.

He trusts me 100% which is such a joy to me after my first marriage.

He believes I am a good person.

glasscompletelybroken Tue 09-Nov-10 09:49:48

Oh and we had Eva Cassidy - You take my breath away. Because he does.

My eldest daughter had the Lonestar song at her wedding and it still brings a tear to my eye.

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 09:51:33

Message withdrawn

glasscompletelybroken Tue 09-Nov-10 09:53:09

You done good starting this thread - I'm crying happy tears into my computer...

WildistheWind Tue 09-Nov-10 10:04:43

shit you all got me welling up at my desk at work-

We found each other at a very troubled time and became best of friends while we were trying to cope being Single parents.

I moved countries to be with him- never regretted it for one single minute.

He makes me laugh when I cry
He's an amazing dad to our girls.
He a great, reliable, partner
He's a pain in the arse but I'm worse and he doesn't moan about it.
He is amazing in bed-
He cooks the best roast chicken in the world
He says he loves me at least 3 times a day
When I've got a couple of pounds extra on he says there is more to love so why complain

He was listening to this song on a mountain in Portugal when he decided that he would propose to me.

This is our song We saw him live at the o2 together 2 years ago and it was magic!

ladydeedy Tue 09-Nov-10 10:06:14

me too - probably going to electrocute myself right here in the middle of the office... already getting some funny looks for being a bit red-eyed... smile

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 10:17:28

Message withdrawn

WildistheWind Tue 09-Nov-10 10:20:20

MJ you are brilliant, we all needed a happy & fluffy thread.

Petal02 Tue 09-Nov-10 10:32:42

What a wonderful thread! We had a short, civil ceremony without any particular readings, but I'm extremely happy because my husband is wonderful. I now feel all warm and fuzzy!

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 11:13:13

Message withdrawn

mjinhiding Tue 09-Nov-10 11:13:42

Message withdrawn

ladydeedy Tue 09-Nov-10 12:40:41

well I have been busy at work but taking a break now! I love my DH because :

he is the most caring and optimistic and happy person I know

I have never seen him get cross!

He is absolutely not bitter about his EXW (which is a miracle!) and always sees the best in everyone

he is massively supportive of my career and the extensive overseas travel that comes with it, so he holds the fort at home whilst I am away

He tells me he loves me every day

He is brilliant at DIY and home maintenance!

He is a wonderful father to his children

He makes me laugh every day (in a good way!)

All in all he is one wonderful person! I didnt like him when I first met him, funny! But then met him again 15 years later and we fell in love immediately. Strange how life works out...

SMummyS Tue 09-Nov-10 12:57:47

Awwww what a lovely thread. Il read it properly when I get home from work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now