Talk

Advanced search

My dsc's and their mum. A success story!

(7 Posts)
Mummynumber2 Sat 06-Nov-10 11:07:46

I don't know if anyone remembers any if my previous posts regarding dp's ex. Basically this time last year, even 6 months ago she was making life as difficult as possible for us. I won't go into detail as that's not what this post is about.

Well- it's all pretty much stopped! We're now in a situation where dsd1 is living with us (doesn't want to see her mum much but we're working on that) and dsd2 and dss are with us nearly half the time. All their decision, with the support of their mum. Also, her general attitude towards dp and me has completely changed. We've recently told her that I'm pregnant (it's been quite a difficult pregnancy so far) and she has been incredibly supportive and has been encouraging the dsc's to help me out while there here!

She's now accepting that she's been suffering from depression, dp thinks from long before they broke up. Of course things aren't perfect, if dp and her always saw eye to eye they'd still be together! But for now at least, I can honestly say that things are about as good as it's possible to be.

Just wanted people to know that there is hope. Think it's always good( and unfortunately unusual) to hear stories about things going right!

WildistheWind Sat 06-Nov-10 12:18:56

That is good news especially for the children- stability is what they need. Well done

I think it is important to share the good as well on here!

Congrats on your pregnancy and make sure you look after yourself.

catsmother Sat 06-Nov-10 13:28:56

That's great news. It does indeed sound as if the unreasonable behaviour could have been caused/exaccerbated by her depression, and if she's now receiving help for that, seems like she's regained enough clarity to recognise that basic consideration, manners and politeness towards your ex is the best possible thing for the children involved (even if you feel different inside !)

Unfortunately, in my case, and after more than 9 years, I have given up hope of "normality" (just this week we've had yet more loony rantings/accusations/emotional blackmail) but it's great to hear things are getting better for you. Hope it continues !

cobbledtogether Sat 06-Nov-10 13:32:10

So pleased to hear its working out well for you

ladydeedy Mon 08-Nov-10 12:13:12

wow, hope for us all! that's great news. I hope everything continues to work out well! Congratulations.

mjinhiding Mon 08-Nov-10 12:15:26

Message withdrawn

SMummyS Mon 08-Nov-10 12:35:45

Congratulations we like seeing success stories on here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now