Talk

Advanced search

coughVueltaaEspanacough

(28 Posts)
MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 20:47:56

a thread about a thread that hasn't happened yet. Drugs help, apparently.

Kleptronic Thu 20-Aug-15 20:49:34

Can I have a go in your time machine, please?

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 20:51:21

it's not a machine. It's the drugs that provide the powers of prediction! bike
Dr cough, ariadne cough....

Kleptronic Thu 20-Aug-15 20:59:49

Oh I see. No wait, I really don't.

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 21:07:15

sorry Kleptronic, it's an attempt at a push-start for DrTwo or ariadne to get the pre-race tension built with the commencement of a thread for the Vuelta. They may have other more pressing things to do in their lives right now, but the crowds are building around the crush barriers, eating ice cream and waiting for the roll out.bike

Kleptronic Thu 20-Aug-15 21:29:39

Ah! I see it now! Sorry Maillot I really shouldn't geg in where I know nowt. Thanks for being gracious in the face of my ignorance smile

VeryPunny Thu 20-Aug-15 21:32:03

Most of the contenders also did le Tour, no? So they'll all be equally knackered. Would love for Froome to do the double....

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 21:34:25

The maillot rojo (red jersey) is the equivalent of the Tour de France's yellow jersey. <eats more expensive ice cream at the barrier, fiddles in bag, decides against the sponsor's sun hat>

You're welcome Kleptronic.bike

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 21:36:21

yes they did - Bertie, The Valve, Quintana, Froomey, the cheating Italian who's name I can't bring myself to type.smile

CarpeJugulum Thu 20-Aug-15 21:37:34

Most of them surely if previous hints have been anything to go on. Nothing proven of course...

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 21:40:00

I mean the bit in the Tour where Froome had a mechanical, Cheating Italian looked round, saw him in trouble, and attacked. And denied it later.
Though yes he rides for a team that is v heavily under suspicion for the more recognised form of cheating.

FelixFelix Thu 20-Aug-15 21:40:49

Hello!

I am going to try and watch but not sure how successful I'll be. I hardly even watched any of the tour sad I've missed out on loads this season.

CarpeJugulum Thu 20-Aug-15 21:42:44

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that bit. Did mutter loudly at the TV for that bit.

Thank god for ITV4 highlights...

MrSlant Thu 20-Aug-15 21:50:58

In our house (well someone else's house in Portugal but we stopped enjoying our holiday every day for the tour of course) when a certain Italian had a puncture 800m in to the Alpe d'Huez the cheer scared the birds for about a 50 mile radius.

Hola, ¿que tal?

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 22:14:23

Evening MrS! and v impressed with keyboard skills.

Do we think the good Dr or the sadly abandoned ariadne might get a sniff of road tyre and climb aboard the big red Skoda?

MrSlant Thu 20-Aug-15 22:18:03

I was rather proud the proper question mark worked out blush.

Well as I was MIA for most of the tour I don't think I dare comment on others being absent grinbikegrin. How was your accidental brush with the earlier stages?

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 22:21:41

Utterly fab m'dears - put some photos up on the Tour thread, from Pyrenees stage, getting a bit close to the big red car for some gendarme's comfort too! When he was haraunging me I almost heard myself say, "But I'm British!" grin

MrSlant Thu 20-Aug-15 22:42:26

grin bike grin

Being harangued by a gendarme is pretty cool though!

I will go and have a look at your pictures.

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 22:54:39

but they have guns and tasers so it's a bit risky.....

MrSlant Thu 20-Aug-15 22:57:58

I know, exciting! I'm always pointing out the guns to my boys when we are on holiday in the hope they behave a bit better. There you go though, didn't work for you eh? grin

I like your pictures, especially the one where you were leading the peloton wink. Did the UCI check your basket for a motor? Although now I am pining for next years holiday because we didn't get to France this year. <the sad no sunflowers face>

DramaAlpaca Thu 20-Aug-15 23:00:27

Evening all smile

Looks like this is our Vuelta thread, then!

Roll on Saturday!

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 23:04:06

Noooo DA! please? I was just prompting a bit! We can be really slick and have this as the 'sign in' thread prior to the main event!

MaillotRojoPan Thu 20-Aug-15 23:13:11

Saturday's TTT, on the beach!

His name is Nairo and he races on the sands

MrSlant Thu 20-Aug-15 23:27:00

Earworm!

I like it, if they all have to do it then it's fair right? Makes for more interesting tactics for once and is making twitter more fun.

As long as Spartacus gets through it all I don't mind. <packs her magic sponge>

CarpeJugulum Fri 21-Aug-15 11:39:25

Seen the Tour four times now, three times in France and once in Yorkshire.

Hoping to do a mountain stage once DS is a bit older and can pee alfresco! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now