Talk

Advanced search

Watching the Tour de France in Paris

(3 Posts)
tourlover Thu 04-Jun-15 15:52:08

Anyone done it? We are heading to Paris to see the finale this year and wondered if anyone has any tips for best views etc.

Soooo excited, I saw it very briefly at the bottom of a mountain once before but DH hasn't and it's his birthday treat.

ragged Tue 09-Jun-15 21:40:42

Hang around for a few hours before they are expected to get goodies off the caravan.

I think you won't see so much of the riders as you will get to soak up the energy of the crowds.

If you could find a balcony to stand & watch from, with enthusiastic friends, that would be ideal.

hellocleveland Wed 17-Jun-15 23:16:13

Yes we went to Paris one year for final stage. Wonderful experience. People do start to nab their spot pretty early. We walked down Champs Élysées at 10 am and it was already 5 deep in places. Eventually we found a spot at the front of the barrier on the Rue de Rivoli. It was quieter there than most other areas.

Don't forget that after the race all the teams do a lap of honour on the Champs élysées . We didn't realise this at the time but found a great spot as we were walking back to our hotel. Lots of photo opportunities.

We are going to the Alpe D'Huez stage the day before Paris and I can't wait. Hope you have a great time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now