Talk

Advanced search

Sportswear for 40 something?

(14 Posts)
NumptyNu Sun 08-Feb-15 16:09:53

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a decent sportswear brand that caters tastefully for the 40 something lady, who's not quite as fit as she once was, and has a couple of wobbly bits?

IvanOsokin Sun 08-Feb-15 16:12:55

Well I'm a 50-something in a similar position and I'd recommend Karrimor from Sports Direct. It's fitted, especially the capris and long running tights but it's comfortable and wicks away sweat.

There are loads of people at my gym with wobbly bits, including me. No-one seems to bat an eyelid!

IvanOsokin Sun 08-Feb-15 16:13:38

Should also have said it's cheap as well.

NumptyNu Mon 09-Feb-15 14:46:03

Thanks. How is that brand on the flattery side?

IvanOsokin Mon 09-Feb-15 16:27:03

Well I find it okay. I can see a bit of wobble round my tummy but the tights are quite smoothing and surprisingly forgiving!

You can try them on in the shop but the changing rooms in the branch near us are pretty teeny so it's hard to stand back and get a good look in the mirror.

Put it this way, I'm not too horrified when I'm doing classes and catch sight of myself in the mirrors grin

Comito Mon 09-Feb-15 16:30:59

I'm also trying to find vest tops for gym and yoga which don't cling or cost £££.

NumptyNu Wed 11-Feb-15 09:26:33

Sweaty Betty have nice stuff, but possibly ���. Has anyone looked as 'Fabletics'?

NumptyNu Wed 11-Feb-15 09:26:52

���, not ???

NumptyNu Wed 11-Feb-15 09:27:24

They are supposed to be pound signs.

Comito Wed 11-Feb-15 21:00:19

Yeah, I looked at SB and I loved a couple of their double layer vests but they were £60 which seemed a tad excessive.

BIWI Sat 14-Feb-15 18:58:00

What kind of sport/exercise is it for?

Sports Direct sells all manner of stuff, lots of which is cheap and cheerful. I'm a bit wobblier at the moment than I want to be, and have bought a couple of cheap Nike t-shirts there. (£13.99) I also buy my sports bras there - Lonsdale ones. £4.99 each.

NumptyNu Sun 15-Feb-15 09:19:11

It's for general exercise classes - body pump, aerobics etc.

Thanks I'll take a look at Sports Direct. I did buy two 'layering' tops in SB the other day, so a vest and top combination. It came to about £60. Bit pricey, but the top later is nicely cut and very flattering.

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Feb-15 09:22:00

Tkmaxx always has a good selection of sports wear.

NumptyNu Sun 15-Feb-15 14:44:26

Oh yes, I had forgotten about TKMaxx!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: