Talk

Advanced search

What is this?

(7 Posts)
bassackwards Sun 01-Apr-18 20:58:45

While bathing my baby tonight something strange rolled down her chest (see pic attached). I think it must have fallen out of her ear or possibly her nose. It looks like a dark clump of ear wax (?) with a bunch of long coarse hairs sprouting out of it. Has anyone else seen something like it?? It's the hairs that freak me out a bit.

mrspitt Sun 01-Apr-18 21:04:02

A bean? Some foody thing that sprouts in dark moist places??
Maybe best not to know😳😳

skippykips Sun 01-Apr-18 21:05:10

How old is your baby?

mrspitt Sun 01-Apr-18 21:06:48

And what size is it?

skippykips Sun 01-Apr-18 21:07:30

Did it definitely come from your baby? Could it have fallen off you?

bassackwards Sun 01-Apr-18 21:16:41

The clump is about 2mm. Baby is 6 months old. I notice that she has quite waxy ears generally - little bits flake out on their own occasionally. My husband is also very waxy and he has the same hair colour as her... hmm maybe it fell out of his ear onto her somehow while he carried her to her bath. I'm going to have to consult with him!

AnoiaUnstickMyDrawers Sun 01-Apr-18 21:21:25

I would have to investigate that to see if the hair things have roots or are joined together etc...

Could it be something fluffy that has gone in her ear and had wax build up around it until it's come out? That's what earwax is all about, after all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: