Talk

Advanced search

Ingrown hair :(

(21 Posts)
Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 14:57:48

I have an ingrown hair - I can see it’s curled round under my skin, about 2cm long, but not close enough to surface to be able to pick out. It’s been at least a month!! Thing is now it’s coming to the skins surface a bit (I’m ridiculously excited)... but... what do I do then? If I try and pluck how will that work, can i pull it out if it’s in a curled formation under the skin? It spreads over a cm. Please help!!!

BadlyParkedRangeRover Sat 03-Feb-18 14:58:48

I can give you no advice because THERE IS NO PIC!!!!

Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:00:35

As a hairy woman I will confirm... it’s a nipple hair. There, I admitted it... I have hairy nipples!! I get maybe three small dark hairs and normally pluck them out, this ones gone rogue

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sat 03-Feb-18 15:00:50

Watching with interest. I have one under my arm I think. A few years ago I had a similar spot there and when I squeezed it a long hair came out. envy ick
The spot is back but no about of squeezing has helped.
Amy tips on getting it moving welcome.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Sat 03-Feb-18 15:01:23

Well that moved on while I was typing grin

Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:01:40

So other hair on other intimate areas have popped out fine, this ones being a right meanie

BadlyParkedRangeRover Sat 03-Feb-18 15:02:20

Oh OK!
Is there any bit close enough to the surface to get a needle under?

Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:03:22

So now it’s getting fairly close to the surface, but I can see that between one end and the other it’s gone fairly deep. If I try plucking it I’m worried it’ll just snap and not come out, and I’ll be stuck with a deep curled hair forever sad

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 03-Feb-18 15:04:03

I get them too. Hot shower, use a face cloth to exfoliate it. Sharp edged tweezers and a Little bit of scraping. When I get a loop of hair poking out I swap to very pointy tweezers and gently ease it out. Then swap back to pluck.

Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:05:14

You are a wonderful angel and I’m going with this advice!! Good god I hope it works

userxx Sat 03-Feb-18 15:09:27

I've only ever had one before on my bikini line, It was so satisfying tweezing the thing out!

Cynara Sat 03-Feb-18 15:09:49

There's a product you can use, I can't remember its name now but I'll check when I get home, I've got some in the bathroom cupboard. I'm sure Google will tell you. It's a clear liquid that you dab on to the skin over the ingrown hair and it gently breaks the top layer of skin down (completely painless, no burning/stinging). About an hour later (assuming you can contain your excitement that long) it's easy to lift the hair out with a needle. I used to have loads of ingrowing hairs on my legs until my mum bought me this product, and now they are completely gone. Which is great, obviously, but I do miss the fun of the removal.

Notmyrealname85 Sat 03-Feb-18 15:27:11

It’s out!! I got the tip to come to the surface and gently pulled - it came out perfectly!

BadlyParkedRangeRover Sat 03-Feb-18 18:06:35

How long was it?

Notthiswankagain Sat 03-Feb-18 21:55:59

I also need to know? Haven't had one in ages... I once had one about four inches long in my bikini line...
I love them.

Notmyrealname85 Sun 04-Feb-18 01:27:43

I did measure it...was just over a centremeter!! Boob is still red from where it was, but so glad it’s out!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 04-Feb-18 14:09:10

Hurrah! Though be warned, next time we won't help without photos!

jbee1979 Mon 05-Feb-18 20:50:04

Cynara, the stuff you were thinking about is 'Ingro go'. I love it!

Notthiswankagain Mon 12-Mar-18 21:52:33

Had one under my arm this morning. Also over a centimetre, the loop was so satisfying.

So removal. I know it's out but this is for future reference. A hot compress as hot as you can bear, then get a cotton bud and rub it firmly against the hair growth. When it gets close to the surface grab sharp tweezers and squeeze and tweeze at the same time. You want to try and get the hair as close the surface. When you get the loop, flip it out with the tweezers then remove the hair.

picklemepopcorn Mon 12-Mar-18 21:57:47

I've had one on my chin for ages. The area was a bit scabby, but I couldn't find a hair end with the tweezers. I tweezed everything around it, exfoliated, put cream on it... still no joy.

Yesterday I looked in the mirror, and there it was. A proud cm sticking out. A quick tweeze and it was gone, and the sore patch healed.

picklemepopcorn Tue 13-Mar-18 07:47:48

@jbee1979 does the 'inogrow' work on the bumpy skin on chins? Could you use it as an exfoliant, to stop them building up?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: