Talk

Advanced search

Awkwardly placed invader

(6 Posts)
CandleWithHair Fri 19-Jan-18 10:56:04

Considered name changing for the shame of it but nah!

I have a painful lump in my bum crack. It’s not a pilonidal cyst - it’s sort of nestled INSIDE the crack on my left butt cheek. It is making sitting in certain positions uncomfortable. I can’t bloody see it because of where it is (I am not a contortionist sadly) but it feels hard and deeply under the skin. No heat to it particularly, and I’d say there’s no way there could be anything resembling a head.

What can I do? It’s placed such that any sort of cream or paste would get rubbed straight off, and too deep in the crack of doom for a plaster. Any advice?

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 20-Jan-18 01:08:14

When I’ve had something in an equivalent place, I’ve cleaned with v hot water, then put antiseptic on it, twice or three times a day, on the basis that even doing that will help. And when eventually it pops, I do the same, but put the antiseptic on as often as I can.

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 20-Jan-18 01:09:52

Another option is to get some lint or baby muslin, cover it with cream/antiseptic, and put it in the area. You obv need more than one piece so you can change them.

CandleWithHair Sat 20-Jan-18 11:50:40

Thank you orlanda. It’s stepped up a gear overnight, really constant pressure now even when I’m not sitting. It’s definitely bigger although I’ve still not been able to look at it - I need one of those mirrors on a bendy stick!
I’m going to do tcp throughout the day and a layer of sudocreme overnight as lots of people on this board seem to recommend it!

OrlandaFuriosa Sat 20-Jan-18 19:53:24

After a couple of days, take yourself to the nurse at the local surgery.

cantthinkofabloodyname Thu 08-Feb-18 00:46:48

How is it now OP?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: