Advanced search

Any idea what this is or how to get rid of it?

(11 Posts)
lostfrequencies Tue 21-Nov-17 20:27:12

I’ve had a sore throat for the last couple of days, took a look at the back of my mouth to find this... any ideas? It’s so sore when I swallow.

TrojansAreSmegheads Tue 21-Nov-17 20:30:40

tonsil stone?

lostfrequencies Tue 21-Nov-17 20:32:33

Sorry meant to add, I get tonsils stones regularly but this seems different. Won’t shift!

MulhuddartDrive Tue 21-Nov-17 20:44:14

Ulcer? Presume you've tried gargling with salt water?

MummySparkle Tue 21-Nov-17 20:46:29

Looks like tonsillitis to me

GriseldaChop Tue 21-Nov-17 21:33:30

I had one of these for months, eventually got it checked and it was a retention cyst. The ENT dr sprayed a numbing spray down my throat, gave it a few minutes to work and then said ‘open wide, but don’t move as I’m going in with this scalpel’! Slight concern as I was on a wheely office chair and what if I a gagged on the scalpel! Luckily all fine took a few seconds and all done. Think I’ve got another one coming as my throat looks like yours at the mo!

littlemisscomper Tue 21-Nov-17 21:35:23

I had an ulcer in my throat once. One of the most painful experiences I've ever had actually. I'm not sure if this is what you have but if in doubt, get it checked out. I do hope you feel better soon.

ItsAHardKn0ckLife1 Tue 21-Nov-17 21:38:41

Canker sore? Although I do think they have a darker coloured patch in the centre

lostfrequencies Wed 22-Nov-17 08:41:20

Thanks everyone. I’ll try some of your suggestions, and then I’m off to the doctors next week about something else so will ask them to look at it if it’s still causing me bother.

CuppaSarah Wed 22-Nov-17 10:39:26

Littlekezza Tue 13-Mar-18 11:53:53

Did you find out what it was as I have same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now