Talk

Advanced search

Wart removal (grim picture attached)

(9 Posts)
TheMogget Mon 23-Oct-17 10:28:08

I have had a flat wart on one of my fingers for over 5 years, made some half arsed efforts to remove but mainly just left it alone trusting it would eventually bugger off.

Clearly it is going nowhere so thought I would do something about it. Saw my GP who recommended Cuplex.

Been using it for a couple of weeks, quite a few layers of skin are off but how do I know when it’s actually gone? It isn’t thick or particularly proud of the skin so am a bit miffed. Are the 3 brown patches the ‘root’?

Any advice gratefully received!

TheMogget Mon 23-Oct-17 22:29:16

Anyone?

Piratesandpants Mon 23-Oct-17 22:36:29

We used the home freezing treatment for DHs warts. We froze them a lot more than recommended, every day for a few days and then some grin I don’t think it would be very effective if you followed the instructions.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:31:11

When I was little I had a wart on my knee and a lady rubbed a penny on it and 'bought' it from me. Next day it was gone.

Not helpful I know.

MrsBungle Thu 26-Oct-17 21:35:38

I used bazuka sub zero on ds' veruccas (he ended up with bloody 12 on his toe!) which I think are the same as warts (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). They were gone within a few days after one application.

TheMogget Fri 27-Oct-17 23:18:14

It is coming slowly I think... I’m about 2 weeks one I will get rid!

user1472377586 Fri 27-Oct-17 23:25:54

I think those brown bits are your skin / flesh getting damaged by the wart stuff.
If it gets sore / looks infected, stop using your wart stuff & let your skin heal.
Then get some Wartner home freezing stuff.
The Wartner thing is a little cylinder. You just need to follow the instructions.
It really works well & quickly. I have removed several (absolutely disgusting) warts from my kids with Wartner.

Maelstrop Sat 28-Oct-17 21:17:59

I removed an admittedly much smaller one on my finger by using Extra Strength Bazuka daily and covering with a plaster. I was religious with the use of Bazuka. One day, after about two weeks, the root pulled out (painlessly) when I removed the plaster. I reckon yours will take a while longer.

flissfloss65 Sun 29-Oct-17 10:53:25

My ds had a huge wart on his knee. Whilst having acupuncture for migraines the dr dealt with his wart with needles and it went away. We were amazed as he'd had it for a good two years. Never returned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now