Talk

Advanced search

Help - Toenail falling off!

(6 Posts)
Badgoushk Tue 17-Oct-17 20:44:18

I foolishly wore shoes that were slightly too tight when I went for a long walk in June. My big toe hurt for a few days afterwards and, when I eventually took my nail polish off, there was a huge black bruise under the nail.

Fast forward 4 months and the bruise has gone but my nail is lifting off the skin below. There doesn't appear to be nail bed involvement.

Do I need to get it seen to? Will it grow out and look normal again? I'm worried about it falling off and getting a misshapened toe (like my husband).

Thanks.

ephemeralfairy Wed 18-Oct-17 02:19:52

I had exactly the same thing but with both big toenails! The best thing to do is just leave it alone. It will grow out and drop off and a new nail will grow in its place. Mine are fine now, not misshapen at all.

Badgoushk Wed 18-Oct-17 14:41:25

Thanks ephemeralfairy. I think that's happening to me too. How long did it take to grow out?

Mischa123 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:56:17

Loads of my toe nails have come off, the joys of running! All have grown back fine

ephemeralfairy Thu 19-Oct-17 11:34:09

I think it took about six months for them to grow back fully.

Oldraver Sun 22-Oct-17 11:25:39

I did the same, wore borrowed too small shoes ans lost the nail. For a while I was painting the skin. It did grow back but took ages.

Think I am in for loosing another one as I kicked a pallet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now