Advanced search

Do you want to see my Shingles blisters? VERY gross!

(20 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 26-May-17 10:44:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cantthinkofabloodyname Fri 26-May-17 18:40:57

OMG they look so sore.

PastysPrincess Fri 26-May-17 18:42:18

Flipping heck you poor thing. I too would have been chomping at the bit to get at those.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 26-May-17 21:03:12

Earlybird Fri 26-May-17 21:13:14

After almost a month, I'm just getting over a case of shingles. It is so painful, so you have my sympathies.

Did you go to the doctor? What treatment were you given?

Hope you are feeling better soon. flowers

mrsBeverleygoldberg Fri 26-May-17 21:52:20

I hope you feel better soon. They look so painful. Don't squeeze. Ouch!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 27-May-17 08:10:03

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Sat 27-May-17 08:13:05

Earlybird Sun 28-May-17 12:34:05

My goodness, the is quite a saga. I'm sorry you've had to go through this. Seems it took the doctors an awfully long time to get the right diagnosis.

Hopefully you are over the worst, and will soon be back to normal.

Where I am (not in the UK), a shingles vaccine is strongly suggested for anyone over 50. I have not had it, but will get it as soon as I'm able, because I certainly don't want another episode of this.
Is the shingles shot offered in the UK?

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Mon 29-May-17 09:47:10

Earlybird Mon 29-May-17 15:29:18

There is definitely a shingles vaccine. It is suggested for those over 50. However, my dermatologist friend suggests people have it earlier as she is seeing more and more younger people with shingles.

AnyFucker Mon 29-May-17 15:34:20

Good Lord

The last time I saw someone with blisters that bad they ended up on ICU with Steven's-Johnson Syndrome

Anatidae Mon 29-May-17 15:38:29

Oh heck, that is really really a bad case. Absolutely the worst dermatome to have affected, you poor thing.

Epic restraint in not scratching!

That's interesting earlybird - what does she suspect the reason is? I can only think of fewer cases of active infection in children leading to less exposure in adults and thus fewer times adults are exposed to wild virus to reboost immunity..? But I'm not sure I've heard of a drop in cases in the young. Just interested if you know smile

Earlybird Mon 29-May-17 15:42:07

Anatidae - we didn't talk about why she thinks it is happening. But, it is thought that shingles are triggered by stress and can appear when your immune system is vulnerable.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 29-May-17 15:42:55

oooh I TOLD YOU it was ophthalmic neuralgia, shingles area related!! Sinusitis MY ARSE!

I claim my Internet Medic badge!

That looks horrid glad they are checking your eye and very well done for not picking!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Mon 29-May-17 16:50:07

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 29-May-17 18:43:09

it was the area and the crashing headache that made me suggest it....dh had it a couple of years back

On the Thursday he was moaning about being tired, headache, going down with something and he had got an "insect bite" on his head, friday he was still moaning, bite was looking angrier, headache was MUCH worse, but he never takes headache pills and he thinks whining to me will make it go away, I'd been at work thurs/fri and he went to bed early on the friday but by saturday morning the bite was gaining a life of its own so I made him phone I was suspecting shingles, he got the antivirals and they literally stopped it in its tracks, but it took him ages to get back to normal....he had about a month off work

SO look after yourself Missyfishslice and get properly better before exerting yourself!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 29-May-17 18:46:59

Bloody hell,you poor thing!!!!

NotHotDogMum Mon 29-May-17 19:31:26

You poor thing flowers

Fairylea Mon 29-May-17 19:36:57

Gosh poor you! flowers Glad you are ok now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now