Talk

Advanced search

Klaxon - not a massive one, but a klaxon nevertheless

(9 Posts)
Lonelyinacrowd Sun 26-Mar-17 16:16:00

Long time lurker here, I never thought I'd have anything to contribute.

My right index finger has been sore and red for a couple of weeks, but really painful for the past four days. I've been using magnesium sulphate and hot water soaks and was honestly losing hope of anything exciting happening.

Well, the universe must have decided that I deserved a Mother's Day treat. I had a bath this morning and gave my poor sore finger a bit of a pick. A bit of hard skin came off, which encouraged me to give it a gentle squeeze. After the squeeze, I saw a tiny bit, literally a pinprick, of pus. Getting more confident now, I gave it a more robust squeeze. Then I heard, and felt, a crunch and this beauty appeared.

(Please excuse the picked nail varnish, I couldn't face putting acetone anywhere near my poorly finger)

JennyOnAPlate Sun 26-Mar-17 16:17:29

That is wonderful op! Happy Mother's Day flowers

Hoppinggreen Sun 26-Mar-17 16:17:34

Lovely well done!
At first when I saw the photo I thought your finger had gone black and I was about to urge you the go to A&E

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 26-Mar-17 16:23:50

This has brightened up my day

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 26-Mar-17 16:28:10

Ooh lovely looks like there may be more to come out of there as well.

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Sun 26-Mar-17 16:29:58

Beautiful, but like Ineed, I suspect there's more in there. This is clearly a medical scenario, requiring at least another set of hands - you need someone to film while you squeeze.

Lonelyinacrowd Sun 26-Mar-17 16:42:41

Let's see, someone needs to film, someone needs to direct proceedings, someone else needs to type the update on here (I have a poorly finger you know!).
Come on over, I've stocked up on wine (purely for painkilling medicinal purposes you understand grin)

picklemepopcorn Sun 26-Mar-17 16:53:18

I try to use MN emojis, but there wasn't one that says 😂 wahhay!

OrlandaFuriosa Tue 28-Mar-17 20:24:57

Pretty impressive especially surrounded by the gangrene style nail polish! Excellent artistic choice to leave on.

Hope it feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now